The Jamie Blatnick Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10201/1073895-142.stm

Pitt football player Jabaal Sheard refused to stop fighting on a South Side street early Sunday and then hurled another man through a glass door even after a police officer hit him repeatedly with his baton, according to court papers.

Pittsburgh police Officer Garrett Brown was finishing an off-duty detail and was on his way home at about 2 a.m. when he heard that a group of men were fighting in the street. He said he saw two men fighting and called for backup from Zone 3, then approached the men and yelled at them to stop.

"[Sheard] refused to listen to my commands to stop fighting," the officer wrote in an affidavit, "and continued to punch the victim, Edward Parker, in the face and to the body."

Parker, 27, of Stanton Heights, was knocked into the doorway of La Fond Gallery. Brown and other city officers tried to break up the fight, but Sheard would not stop, according to the affidavit, even after Brown hit him in the torso with his baton.

"At that time Sheard then grabbed Parker by the clothing and threw him through the glass front door of the gallery," Brown wrote.

As Parker lay on his back inside the gallery, bleeding, Sheard continued to punch him in the face, according to the affidavit.

Another officer then used OC spray on both men to subdue them and officers handcuffed Sheard.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007

La Fond Galleries
1711 East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Built in the 1880s
--Victorian (Italianate) style

Erected during the reign of Queen Victoria of England (1837-1901), this Victorian Italianate building is based on the style of Italian Renaissance villas. Notice the projecting eave, or overhanging roof edge, with paired brackets, and the slightly arched window openings decorated with fancy cast-iron window hoods. Also notice the star “anchor” plates that are connected to metal rods that go through the floor boards to help hold the brick walls upright.
http://www.phlf.org/spotlightonmainstreet/buildings/building19.html

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Pitt's Jabaal Sheard offers apology, will not miss any games.

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt is comfortable with his decision not to hold defensive end Jabaal Sheard out of game action, even though Sheard threw a man through a Pittsburgh art gallery's glass door during a fight last month.
Sheard read a statement Friday to reporters apologizing for his actions, which led to him pleading guilty to disorderly conduct. A district judge ordered him to pay a $300 fine and all the other man's medical bills and write a letter of apology to him. Sheard also was subjected to internal team discipline that Wannstedt has not fully explained.

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5443099
It must not have been Pittsburg Plate Glass!:D

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
I have an old pledge bro who lives on Pittsburgh's southside in a really awesome loft. I am kind of surprised a Pitt defender was in an art gallery on Carson Street LOL. I guess OSU players get in bar fights, Pitt players get in art gallery fights..

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
I have an old pledge bro who lives on Pittsburgh's southside in a really awesome loft. I am kind of surprised a Pitt defender was in an art gallery on Carson Street LOL. I guess OSU players get in bar fights, Pitt players get in art gallery fights..
He wasn't in an art gallery. He was in the street in a fight outside the art gallery.