The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2007
Good to see my DVN and CLR bags pump today -- makes sense given how well things are going. :whistle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7sBsBHdCk

♫ ♪ do do do doo ♫ ♪

Apr 14, 2009
I can see you now - riding around on a POS motorcycle, wearing your Harley gear, no helmet, wallet chained to your beltloop, with your significant other on the back in a wife-beater t-shirt, worn out blue jeans and biker boots.

Humorous indeed.
Sorry!
Not Me!
Have never owned a scooter!
Have no intention of owning one!
My toy is my Avatar photo with my Denali Yukon in tow.
RV’s and Airplanes are just a faster way to burn money. It’s like throwing $1000 dollar bills out the car window an 70mph!

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Bob is not the Chairman. Bob is the President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bad, thought Bob was the guy in Dallas. Long time family friend and tight lipped as hell.
Yeah, doubt my guy will say anything either. Have had some interesting discussion in the past though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
I guess I don’t quite understand the principles here. We are not looking at a pure economic meltdown. This one has a non economic catalyst in the covid virus. I can tie together ways a negative rate could help the government with more handouts. Not sure you can create demand,were it has been erased by fear, with lower rates.
That is such a bad idea. Go look at Japan and Europe as examples of what happens when negative interest rates hit.
I got this in my inbox, it was a pretty interesting read not agreeing with it just dropping it in for conversation. There’s actually merit but there’s a huge risk as well.
The Fed won’t say anything on this unless they actually decide to address it, as yet this hasn’t been on the table. Unless someone is looking to lose their seat at the table you won’t get anything or at most it’ll be, anonymous sources, say.

What I find even more interesting is that the PPP is in fact a negative interest loan (for the borrower) so the SBA is already doing this.