The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
A political blue wave and a covid second wave, thoughts?
Too early to position?
Move to cash?
Buy solar/other green stocks?

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
A political blue wave and a covid second wave, thoughts?
Too early to position?
Move to cash?
Buy solar/other green stocks?
I moved to cash last week. This election has me very nervous. It looks like we will be unbalanced with the dems in all 3 positions. I am holding out hope for the senate. If not we will be on a huge spending spree, writing checks that we cannot cash.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I moved to cash last week. This election has me very nervous. It looks like we will be unbalanced with the dems in all 3 positions. I am holding out hope for the senate. If not we will be on a huge spending spree, writing checks that we cannot cash.
That spending spree is reaching two decades long. Do you really think we are going to pay back this debt without those printing presses firing up? A democratic presidency and congress isn't going to change that one direction or another. Biden will be very similar to Trump fiscally and monetarily, so expect more of the same.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
That spending spree is reaching two decades long. Do you really think we are going to pay back this debt without those printing presses firing up? A democratic presidency and congress isn't going to change that one direction or another. Biden will be very similar to Trump fiscally and monetarily, so expect more of the same.
Mainly expecting hyper inflation soon to follow this pandemic with whomever is in charge just printing cash like its toilet paper.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It is amazing how people still cling to the idea that democrats spend and republicans save when there is simply no objective evidence of that at all. They both spend, just choose slightly differently who the money is spent on. Neither one saves.
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 9.22.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 9.23.22 AM.png

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Mainly expecting hyper inflation soon to follow this pandemic with whomever is in charge just printing cash like its toilet paper.
This is exactly right. Normally, a recession is deflationary, which is a good thing--one's salary goes further and commodities become cheaper. Our current and previous two administrations and last several fed chairs have felt that deflation is bad and we must avoid it at all costs. Well nothing has deflated despite the economic impacts being on par or greater than the great recession, and we are going to have a couple more rounds of bailouts and stimulus money. Once inflation hits, its going to be really, really bad.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
If I believed that Biden was in control, he is a moderate, he is not in control though.

Oct 30, 2007
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/29/us-gdp-report-third-quarter-2020.html
U.S. GDP booms at 33.1% rate in Q3, better than expected
Coming off the worst quarter in history, the U.S. economy grew at its fastest pace ever in the third quarter as a nation battered by an unprecedented pandemic started to put itself back together, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

Third-quarter gross domestic product, a measure of the total goods and services produced in the July-to-September period, expanded at a 33.1% annualized pace, according to the department’s initial estimate for the period.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The stock market is surging. It makes you wonder what Wall Street know about the election that we don't.
I suspect it knows what has been known since March. No matter what, if it starts to look the least bit bad, the Fed is going to throw money at it for those that want to take the money.