The OU conundrum for this weekend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Sounds cool to me, but I would say that they arent a billion dollar brand for nothing
For being the flagship university in the second most populated and most football crazed state in the US. I’d say it’s more the circumstances UT was handed as opposed to anything they’ve earned.
They are the most well known and there are a lot of reasons for it. One of them being having the best football tradition of any team in the state. So naturally, many millions of kids will grow up watching them on TV being fans of them. It’s a natural recruiting advantage. But football isn’t all they’re good for over there. Lots of rich or influential alumna were merely students there once upon a time. They have this cool tower then would make for a great snipers nest

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They are the most well known and there are a lot of reasons for it. One of them being having the best football tradition of any team in the state. So naturally, many millions of kids will grow up watching them on TV being fans of them. It’s a natural recruiting advantage. But football isn’t all they’re good for over there. Lots of rich or influential alumna were merely students there once upon a time. They have this cool tower then would make for a great snipers nest
Don't stop being classless as you leave to the SEC to get your butts kicked on the regular. You deserve it.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Don't stop being classless as you leave to the SEC to get your butts kicked on the regular. You deserve it.
OU had to leave the weak B12 unfortunately, I wouldve rather seen OU and TX stay and keep up the long term rivalries, esp Bedlam, but I understand why OU and UT would leave for the SEC, OU will compete, no doubt, UT has a LOT of work to do. We'll miss you lil bro!

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
OU had to leave the weak B12 unfortunately, I wouldve rather seen OU and TX stay and keep up the long term rivalries, esp Bedlam, but I understand why OU and UT would leave for the SEC, OU will compete, no doubt, UT has a LOT of work to do. We'll miss you lil bro!
Kind of a money deal? Isn't that why Reilly is leaving for LSU?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Havent heard anyone in the know say LR was leaving, and the last people who'd know would be any Tiger fan.
I'm not saying he's for sure leaving, but I think you have this backwards. If he's leaving, LSU people will know first, since admins and staff have to know. OU people would find out last.

FWIW, I could not care less if he does leave. Either way, we have very few games left against him and this could be our last.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Reilly lied to all of them, Castiglione knew and didn't stop it, Blevins got stood up for his own show and the sports urinal had to do emergency shows. This is almost more fun than I can stand.