The OU conundrum for this weekend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Welp, yeah.

Riley just screwed everyone pretty much.

Staff is about to get gutted. Recruiting classes gonna flip. Tons of transfers. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

Good riddance.

Open up the checkbook. Go get Dave Aranda or Luke Fickell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2006
This could be the misery OSU fans have always hoped on OU- both short and long term.

If OSU can win this weekend it could be a glorious season of watching the OU dumpster fire burn like an Olympic cauldron while OSU gets tons of national exposure.

We've also just begun the process of OU keeping a steady revolving door like all the other SEC brethren not named Alabama.

.. But they get to chant SEC - fair trade.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Welp, yeah.

Riley just screwed everyone pretty much.

Staff is about to get gutted. Recruiting classes gonna flip. Tons of transfers. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

Good riddance.

Open up the checkbook. Go get Dave Aranda or Luke Fickell.

Actually, pretty damn cool of you to post here today. And if it helps, I know exactly how you feel, and you’ll learn pretty quickly that it really doesn’t mean much in real life anyways. As much as it sucks, it’s better to get it over with now. I have very little respect for a coach that leaves before the bowl game. So f%*k him.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Defenses have figured him out and he was about to go to the SEC where he was about to get really exposed. Writing was on the wall. So he bolted to the weakest conference in the nation so he could be a big fish in a small pond again.

It really doesn’t matter. I’ve been a diehard since I was a little kid. First game was during the Blake era. I’ve seen worse. I know Oklahoma is doing the best for the program for going to the SEC. Riley’s securing his bag while he can.

Time moves on.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Defenses have figured him out and he was about to go to the SEC where he was about to get really exposed. Writing was on the wall. So he bolted to the weakest conference in the nation so he could be a big fish in a small pond again.

It really doesn’t matter. I’ve been a diehard since I was a little kid. First game was during the Blake era. I’ve seen worse. I know Oklahoma is doing the best for the program for going to the SEC. Riley’s securing his bag while he can.

Time moves on.

Give us a break, if he hadn't left you out in the cold like a dumpster dog, you'd still be singing about how he's an offensive genius. Already some 5stars decommitting.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Riley has never been a finished product. He’s never turned that corner. He’s achieved in a crappy conference. Churned out some great offenses. But he’s always choked in the spotlight.

Next man up.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Jim Knowles dominated Lincoln. He had no answer. The longer that game went on, the more lopsided it was getting.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Riley has never been a finished product. He’s never turned that corner. He’s achieved in a crappy conference. Churned out some great offenses. But he’s always choked in the spotlight.

Next man up.

Haaaaaahahaha. My how your flip has switched.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It’s a pretty bizarre situation.

I’m wondering, does him doing this now and this way actually help alleviate the pain of the loss? Or distract from it (like hitting a toe helps forget a headache)? Or does it make the whole episode hurt even more?
The pain of the loss is an absolute nothing to me at this point. I went to bed in a good mood because I knew Riley wasnt going to lsu. I gave up on hope for this season a while back, but this riley shit is way worse.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Next man up.

I think very highly of him as a coach, easily one of the best and I think within a couple years he could have granted OU #8. But he certainly did not live up to all the expectations. I dont think his replacement will be better, but the right guy will keep them nationally relevant and could build a team better suited for the sec.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It’s a pretty bizarre situation.

I’m wondering, does him doing this now and this way actually help alleviate the pain of the loss? Or distract from it (like hitting a toe helps forget a headache)? Or does it make the whole episode hurt even more?
The pain of the loss is an absolute nothing to me at this point. I went to bed in a good mood because I knew Riley wasnt going to lsu. I gave up on hope for this season a while back, but this riley shit is way worse.
Yeah, Riley didn't lie to Murdock. No LSU.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
TG never loved him anyway. So damn funny.
No, I completely backed the dude. He was just a snake oil salesman. And a very good one at that.

Once people expose themselves, you gotta cut the dead weight. Stoops said at the conference yesterday nobody is bigger than the program. And he’s absolutely right. Riley shit all over the program and burned every bridge on the way out. Players have mostly all turned against him. Especially the defensive guys.

You don’t need guys around like that. Riley can take his fake Boy Scout routine and go be a big fish in a small pond somewhere else. Defenses in the Big 12 have exposed him and the elite playoff defenses certainly did. He’s cashing in while he’s got the opportunity.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Next man up.

And no shit 5* stars are decommitting. They’re Riley’s guys. But it’s Oklahoma. They’ll still get their dudes. But the next two years classes are gonna be shaken up.

Do you need me to send a sock or Kleenex to dry your tears?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
If this is true, we won't be seeing coaches and players flip from OU to USC :popcorn:

(And yes, I know you're just talking out of your ass and don't know anything about anything).
He’s taken his staff already. I don’t think you’ll see too many players flip and transfer. There might be a couple. But he pretty much burned them all. Recruiting is a different story.

Yes, please tell me how much you’re invested in that situation. You’re just being a troll.