The pathetic last ditch attempt to stop the Kavanaugh confirmation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Ok since you asked.....I think it is complete and total bullshit that this is being allowed to happen. What I'm seeing/hearing makes me fear for my son and grandson. It appears that, according to you and to the Democrats, that any time a male is accused of anything, whether the accuser can remember what happened or not, whether there is any evidence or not, whether it happened 40 minutes ago or 40 years ago the male is automatically guilty until proven innocent. It's a disgusting shame. And it's not just hurting the males in this country. It is going to come back to bite females as well. THAT is what I think. And I am an Independent.
I know someone (not a relative but a friend) who was sexually assaulted (not full on raped) in HS at the time she didn't say anything it wasn't until after college she shared it with me and a couple of others. She had a chance about, maybe, 15 yrs ago to confront the punks/thugs/cowards/jocks?? etc... at a HS reunion, she went up to each of them individually and told them she could ruin their lives by telling their wives, but she wouldn't unless she ever heard that any one of them had done something like this again, in that case she wouldn't just ruin that guy's life she would ruin all 3. Those cowards damned near pissed the collective pants and every one of them took their wife and left within about 2 minutes, never to be seen again at a reunion. On a trip back to Ok about 3 years ago, I ran into one of them he was buying beer out in Yukon, he saw me, he knew that she had told me what happened, he just took his kids and left, didn't buy his beer just left it on the counter, he didn't even say hi.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
I know someone (not a relative but a friend) who was sexually assaulted (not full on raped) in HS at the time she didn't say anything it wasn't until after college she shared it with me and a couple of others. She had a chance about, maybe, 15 yrs ago to confront the punks/thugs/cowards/jocks?? etc... at a HS reunion, she went up to each of them individually and told them she could ruin their lives by telling their wives, but she wouldn't unless she ever heard that any one of them had done something like this again, in that case she wouldn't just ruin that guy's life she would ruin all 3. Those cowards damned near pissed the collective pants and every one of them took their wife and left within about 2 minutes, never to be seen again at a reunion. On a trip back to Ok about 3 years ago, I ran into one of them he was buying beer out in Yukon, he saw me, he knew that she had told me what happened, he just took his kids and left, didn't buy his beer just left it on the counter, he didn't even say hi.
Do you think the recent events w/ Kavanaugh are good for victims of sexual abuse/assault or bad?

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
Do you think the recent events w/ Kavanaugh are good for victims of sexual abuse/assault or bad?
Bad, now that's just an opinion of a male so there's context to that. My thoughts are that when you fabricate something that it lessens the impact and makes it harder on those who have truly suffered.
Yes, I think she is fabricating it, do I think a therapist could've helped create this, absolutely, there was a case out here several years ago where a woman, through therapy, remembered being sexually abused by her father (iirc he was a fire chief and the case was known by that name or something similar) but in actuality it never happened, then there was the daycare case. In both of these instances the impact of the falsehoods of the accusations have had far reaching effects, in the daycare case, when abuse has occurred, the first line of defense is to bring up that case as a reference for the defense, in the case of therapy bringing back memories, that also has had a similar lingering effect.
FTR, I think, (I think, not I know) therapists bringing back memories, is about as credible as traveling carnies with a US veterans sign standing in front of safeway during fair month.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Come on Cimarron. What if your shoe was on the other foot? No doubt your standards would be forced to change because the Democrat president chose a nominee who wasn't far right conservative enough to suit you. You would quite passionately believe the sexual abuse allegations made against the nominee were TRUE. Right, Cimarron?
Congratulations. You have just become a full-blown parody of yourself.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
So what happens if Kavanaugh is confirmed and they still lose the mid-terms?

Limbaugh, while he is certainly more informed than I, still doesn't know what will happen anymore than the next well connected pundit.

I don't buy it......... I'll be even more pissed if they get him confirmed and the Dems keep trolling.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
So what happens if Kavanaugh is confirmed and they still lose the mid-terms?

Limbaugh, while he is certainly more informed than I, still doesn't know what will happen anymore than the next well connected pundit.

I don't buy it......... I'll be even more pissed if they get him confirmed and the Dems keep trolling.
They already said they are going to start impeachment proceedings when he is confirmed.

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
Once again, like how the former mayor of Stillwater couldn't be voted out of office from unproven sexual assault, it will go the same way with Kavanaugh. And do you need reminded Clarence Thomas was confirmed after Anita Hill's outrageous testimony.
I don’t remember everyone who was there and I don’t remember where there actually was. I do remember some cat who called himself StillwaterTownie rubbing up against me while I was getting a beer, it ruined my life.
See how easy that is

And did you really just laugh at a story about a young woman being sexually assaulted during her teen years, wow.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Once again, like how the former mayor of Stillwater couldn't be voted out of office from unproven sexual assault, it will go the same way with Kavanaugh. And do you need reminded Clarence Thomas was confirmed after Anita Hill's outrageously disgusting testimony.
If by outrageously disgusting testimony you mean lies, then yes.

But if a Dem is accused, there must be video evidence and the testimony of several dozen eye witnesses. YOU are disgusting.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I don’t remember everyone who was there and I don’t remember where there actually was. I do remember some cat who called himself StillwaterTownie rubbing up against me while I was getting a beer, it ruined my life.
See how easy that is

And did you really just laugh at a story about a young woman being sexually assaulted during her teen years, wow.
No, there is a monstrous difference between being merely rubbed against and getting raped.

No, I was laughing at the disgusting guys, not the woman. They sure acted as guilty as heck.

Last edited:

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
liberal women, should be careful what they wish for

The New York Times suggests in a recent piece that the showdown is a pivotal moment for the #MeToo movement. They quote a senior executive of Planned Parenthood saying, “This is a distillation of the entire two years’ trajectory for women in this country. Are we respected? Are we believed? Are we equal?”

The #MeToo movement is taking us toward more division, more extremism, and more distrust. It’s a shame, because sexual assault is a serious topic.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/09/24/liz-peek-will-metoo-survive-kavanaugh-court-fight.html

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
If by outrageously disgusting testimony you mean lies, then yes.

But if a Dem is accused, there must be video evidence and the testimony of several dozen eye witnesses. YOU are disgusting.
Just how do you know Anita Hill told lies? Because you richly admire Justice Thomas as an outstandingly conservative judge? I don't know if she told lies, or not.

Once again, it's best for a woman to have evidence that she was actually raped or otherwise sexually assaulted. Did you miss my posting of a story in which a guy is suing a girl for spreading lies he raped her? No evidence could be found that the incident actually happened. Now, surely, Cimarron would agree to that.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Provide an example and I'll tell you exactly what I think, I'll check back in a few days after you or someone else has had time to furiously google something.
I'll put it this way. What if Ms. Ford was an activist conservative woman who was openly against abortion rights, LGBT rights, supported the corporate agenda and anti-union, strongly supported gun rights and a bunch other conservative/libertarian causes. Would you feel you have no other choice then to feel the woman was telling the truth?

Last edited:

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
I'll put it this way. What if Ms. Ford was an activist conservative woman who was openly against abortion rights, LGBT rights, supported the corporate agenda and anti-union, strongly supported gun rights and a bunch other conservative/libertarian causes. Would you feel you have no other choice then to feel the woman was telling the truth?
So we’re dealing in hypotheticals (google didn’t return any results I take it), ok I’ll play. Hypothetically, this person you speak of has the same recollection of events as the woman in question today AND hypothetically the man in question has the same non abusive and almost righteous background as the man in question today, if both of those are the case, then I’d say it’s bs. In either case, this seems to be getting lost in all this, a person is innocent until proven guilty, it is not on the accused to prove innocence it’s on the accuser to prove guilt. I would also add the judge went through a thorough background check by none other than the, famously unbiased, FBI, squeaky clean. So again using your hypothetical example and all else being equal then I would have the same response for that as I do for this.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I actually think it could go the other way, if he's not confirmed then this vacancy becomes an election issue, if he is confirmed then the Reps hate women campaign will be ramped up in in the media instead. I believe the pending SCOTUS nominee leading up to 2016 had a huge impact on Trump beating Hillary and think it will actually help the Reps if this is an issue again to energize otherwise apathetic Republicans. Lets be honest the Reps have done screwed up royally multiple times, one more screw up won't be the final straw, if they lose in the midterms, it was already lost. But the Dems playing dirty politics like this might actually be a catalyst to swing a few more moderates back into the waiting arms of the GOP.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I actually think it could go the other way, if he's not confirmed then this vacancy becomes an election issue, if he is confirmed then the Reps hate women campaign will be ramped up in in the media instead. I believe the pending SCOTUS nominee leading up to 2016 had a huge impact on Trump beating Hillary and think it will actually help the Reps if this is an issue again to energize otherwise apathetic Republicans. Lets be honest the Reps have done screwed up royally multiple times, one more screw up won't be the final straw, if they lose in the midterms, it was already lost. But the Dems playing dirty politics like this might actually be a catalyst to swing a few more moderates back into the waiting arms of the GOP.
Yea the Limbaugh thing is just a threat. No one honestly believes Republicans are going to stay home. If anything it will draw in far more republicans.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
Hearing in Doubt? Christine Ford’s Lawyer Rips Senate Plan to Have Prosecutor Ask Questions: Not ‘Fair and Respectful’

by Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Sep 24th, 2018, 10:00 pm 4577

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford‘s legal team has sent a letter (which can be seen below via NBC’s Frank Thorp) to the Senate Judiciary Committee amid continuous negotiations ahead of Thursday’s scheduled hearing.

Frank Thorp V

@frankthorp

In new letter from Dr Ford’s Attorney to the Judiciary Committee, they again object to having outside counsel ask the questions for republicans at Thursday’s hearing, and ask for the name and resume of who that person will be.

This does not appear to be a done deal.
8:07 PM - Sep 24, 2018
In the letter addressed to Sen. Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Ford’s legal team cites Sen. Majority Leader’s Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) speech on the Senate floor on Monday afternoon as “flatly inconsistent” with Grassley’s promise of a “fair and credible process.”

“In our view, the hiring of an unnamed ‘experienced sex crimes prosecutor’ as Mr. Davis described in his email, is contrary to the Majority’s repeated emphasis on the need for the Senate and this Committee’s members to fulfill their constitutional obligations,” attorney Michael Bromwich wrote. “It is also inconsistent with your stated wish to avoid a ‘circus,’ as well as Dr. Blasey Ford’s repeated requests through counsel that senators conduct the questioning. This is not a criminal trial for which the involvement of an experienced sex crimes prosecutor would be appropriate.”

Ford’s team requested the identity of the sex crimes prosecutors the Committee would invite to the hearing along with their resumes.

The letter also blasts the the White House’s refusal to order an FBI investigation into Ford’s allegation.

“The hearing plan that Mr. Davis described does not appear designed to provide Dr. Blasey Ford with fair and respectful treatment,” Bromwich said.