Things I appreciate during the Coronavirus pandemic

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I just received a notification from my 401k company telling me that their hearts go out to all victims of COVID-19 and ensuring me that, despite the current Coronavirus pandemic, they will continue faithfully losing half my retirement overnight while practicing social distancing by working from home.

I appreciate that.

Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
I just received a notification from my 401k company telling me that their hearts go out to all victims of COVID-19 and ensuring me that, despite the current Coronavirus pandemic, they will continue faithfully losing half my retirement overnight while practicing social distancing by working from home.

I appreciate that.

I appreciate that.
My advisor said the same thing. Just 4 weeks ago he insisted i put all my cash in the market under his supervision. I need a new advisor.
I appreciate that

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
I appreciate that MLB the Show came out earlier than usual this year and that liquor stores are considered an essential business.

I DO NOT appreciate that my Cox Contour box chose now to start having technical difficulties.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2008
I just received a message from Hormel Foods. Indicated that they made their first batch of SPAM in 1937. With the current Coronavirus pandemic they are going to make a second batch.

I appreciate that.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
This week on Karens of the Corona!
It's sun up. Time to head out foraging for provisions. Armed with a fully loaded debit card, red, white, and blue neck gaiter, surgical mask, and black stealth latex gloves I head out into the savanna known as Kroger.
Signs of the drought are everywhere. Skeletons of shelves that once teemed with Life cereal now lay bare, wasted. But this morning's foraging was good, the gatherings should last for at least a few days, if only we can escape without being spotted by the predators known as Karen.

We make it to the queue. We notice markings on the floor telling us how to keep safe distances from other foragers and thus maintain some camouflage. But it's too late. Karen is ahead of us. We could feel her icy stare as we shift nervously in the queue hoping to avoid her gaze. It's of no use, she is too wily a predator for the simple dance to be effective.

After completing the scanning of her 100 items or more carcass, she pounces. There in the total she had bagged pastel Almond M&Ms twice and the price was incorrect! She was sure she had seen a sign! She pulled down her N95 respirator so that she could be heard clearly by the safari guide. The guide checks with another guide, but the sign had not been seen by others on the trail. Then Karen springs the trap, taking the guide in her steely jaws, respirator pulled down and breathing in whatever particles were lingering in the air she demands, "Go get the manager!"

Not the manager!!! Still waiting in the queue hoping not to be noticed I can't even approach the conveyor without compromising the camouflage known as "safe distance". The manager also has not seen the sign on the trail, but gives in to Karen's razor sharp talons and enters the keys for the discount. This, of course, necessitates pulling the two bags of pastel Almond M&Ms, which everyone knows is absolutely necessary for survival in the apocalypse, out of the carriage with the rest of her game. The bags are rescanned. Then Karen springs her final trap... coupons! Surely the energy conserved by this trap will see this wily predator through the long drought. Then the Karen begins an archaeological excavation through centuries of civilization known as The Purse for her weapon, the debit card (which one can only assume was also fully loaded). As she is putting in the PIN to fire the final killing shot she returns the respirator to its place, perhaps to protect against any blood spatter from the final carnage. Then, as suddenly as it had begun, it was over. The utter obliviousness of the Karen in the wild is truly one of nature's spectacles, a sight to behold indeed!

Join us here again next week for another exciting episode of Karens of the Corona!