This is what happens...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Do you even understand assistant coaches (at every school) don’t do what they want, they do what the HC endorses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assistants will usually stick around for a little while if they agree on the input that the coach is giving. See brent venables and bud foster. Now if the coach is getting on the headset and saying “throw it sideways” or “why isn’t number zero” in the game then it might not workout.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Do you even understand assistant coaches (at every school) don’t do what they want, they do what the HC endorses?

Assistants will usually stick around for a little while if they agree on the input that the coach is giving. See brent venables and bud foster. Now if the coach is getting on the headset and saying “throw it sideways” or “why isn’t number zero” in the game then it might not workout.
According to some OSU fans......

Assistants stick around because they’re no good and nobody wants them for a better job

Or

Assistants move on because they don’t agree with Gundy

Thus, there’s always a reason to blame Gundy for everything.

It’s comical

Nov 14, 2010

Assistants stick around because they’re no good and nobody wants them for a better job

Or

It’s comical

You really dont think Gleason left to go to Rutgers because he was unhappy with Gundy?

I suppose you're welcome to your own opinion.

Gleason is probably the only person to truly know this answer, but, leaving behind the opportunity he was going to have this year at OSU, for Rutgers, has to make even someone like you wonder.

I don't know the answer to this question, but, other than Dunn and Clements, which one of our current assistants has had a better offer than what they have at OSU and turned it down?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Or

It’s comical

You really dont think Gleason left to go to Rutgers because he was unhappy with Gundy?

I suppose you're welcome to your own opinion.

Gleason is probably the only person to truly know this answer, but, leaving behind the opportunity he was going to have this year at OSU, for Rutgers, has to make even someone like you wonder.

I don't know the answer to this question, but, other than Dunn and Clements, which one of our current assistants has had a better offer than what they have at OSU and turned it down?
Gleeson left to go back to an area of the country and a school he’s more comfortable with.

Remember Yurcich? The never ending narrative was he wasn’t good enough to get another job. Of course he had several offers, all of which the haters denied existing. Just another example of the haters compulsive behavior to hate coaches.

Nov 14, 2010
Gleeson left to go back to an area of the country and a school he’s more comfortable with.

Remember Yurcich? The never ending narrative was he wasn’t good enough to get another job. Of course he had several offers, all of which the haters denied existing. Just another example of the haters compulsive behavior to hate coaches.

Okay....if you want to believe that we lost a coach to Rutgers for a lateral position, just 1 year into his term and everything was Hunky Dory between him and Gundy, like I said, thats your prerogative

The quote was...which one of our CURRENT assistants

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Okay....if you want to believe that we lost a coach to Rutgers for a lateral position, just 1 year into his term and everything was Hunky Dory between him and Gundy, like I said, thats your prerogative

The quote was...which one of our CURRENT assistants
Never heard of a first-year assistant coach quitting after a successful season because he disagrees with a very successful and nationally respected Head coach. But maybe you can give me some examples.

And don’t tell me Gundy is not respected. I’ve heard Urban Meyer state on several occasions how much he admires Gundy in addition to the many offers Gundy has received from other programs.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Never heard of a first-year assistant coach quitting after a successful season because he disagrees with a very successful and nationally respected Head coach. But maybe you can give me some examples.

And don’t tell me Gundy is not respected. I’ve heard Urban Meyer state on several occasions how much he admires Gundy in addition to the many offers Gundy has received from other programs.

Wow, you are a full 360 argument.

Nov 14, 2010

You're arguing with yourself now

You're giving your justification for putting none of that situation on Gundy.

So...
As I said....
If you want to believe that Gleason left OSU, and it has nothing to do with his Gundy than that's your prerogative.

Answering questions with questions is an attempt at a pivot.

That's because.....
You still haven't answered the question of, other than Dunn and Clements, which one of our assistants has been offered a better job than they have at OSU and turned it down?

Aug 16, 2012
You're arguing with yourself now

You're giving your justification for putting none of that situation on Gundy.

So...
As I said....
If you want to believe that Gleason left OSU, and it has nothing to do with his Gundy than that's your prerogative.

Answering questions with questions is an attempt at a pivot.

That's because.....
You still haven't answered the question of, other than Dunn and Clements, which one of our assistants has been offered a better job than they have at OSU and turned it down?
As a corollary, who on staff right now could consider their current position as the highest stop of their career. To me, that says a lot as well.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Wow, you are a full 360 argument.
It’s full blown California Cowboy stuff for a month now.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia

If not comfortable with the area, why came in the first place?

Stillwater was and is easy to get comfortable with. Saying from a Malaysian.

Status
Not open for further replies.