Thunder vs Blazers in the first round

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Soul searchin' time. Russ made a total ass out himself on and off the court in this series. Dude needs to figure out what kind of person he wants to be.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Soul searchin' time. Russ made a total ass out himself on and off the court in this series. Dude needs to figure out what kind of person he wants to be.
Yes he did.

Furthermore, he's on the decline, still shoots the team out of games, & it's abundantly clear given zero playoff success since Durant left, that this model for the Thunder just simply doesn't work.

As it stands now, they're stuck with Russ. His trade value's fading fast, & what FA's want to join him & George at this point? Meanwhile, the Clippers, Nuggets, Jazz & Trailblazers are movin' on up in the West.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
What are the highlights of what he said?
I'm sure it's probably on the Fox Sports site by now. All that site is anymore is video & audio clips from their shows. Zero written content, so I never visit it anymore.

Basically said Lillard's a much better leader, Russ gets too emotional, etc... Cowherd tried to take it further & named his top 5 PG's in the league & surprise, surprise, Russ wasn't one of them, but Kanter pushed back & said he'd put Russ top 5.

I stream Cowherd at work a lot, but he's become unlistenable. For a guy that I used to like & consider one of the better national hosts, his show's like Groundhog day any more. He literally cycles back to telling you why Russ will never win a title at least once an hour. Sometimes I'm hearing it & thinking "is this a clip from last hour running?", but it's not. Just auto pilot radio & mailing it in, a la the standard "Is LeBron better than Michael?"" debates.