Time to pack the house

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
Dave Hunziker just said there's about 400 left so if you haven't grabbed a pair yet better do it soon.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm guessing this could actually beat the largest basketball crowd in GIA because of the extra seats on the floor.

Last edited:

Gman

Sheriff
Jul 27, 2004
Dave Hunziker just said there's about 400 left so if you haven't grabbed a pair yet better do it soon.
I heard Dave say that as well. Speaking of the Underwood radio show, I heard Dave read an email on last week's show from Gary Sparks, who renovated GIA. The email was in response to a debate as to whether the new GIA was as loud as the original. Sparks said they had a way of getting an accurate comparison (I don't recall the details) and that the renovated version was determined to be louder. The place should.be roaring on Saturday night.

Last edited:

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I heard Dave say that as well. Speaking of the Underwood radio show, I heard Dave read an email on last week's show from Gary Sparks, who renovated GIA. The email was in response to a debate as to whether the new GIA was as loud as the original. Sparks said they had a way of getting an accurate comparison (I don't recall the details) and that the renovated version was determined to be louder. The place should.be roaring on Saturday night.
I believe the current GIA can be comparable to the smaller one, when its full. That's the rub, when you have 9,000 in a 13,000 seat arena it's not as loud. When it's packed it can be just as loud.

Dec 21, 2016
Stillwater ok
I read somehwere we were less than 1k away from a sellout, so it should be full Saturday.
I worry that's because there'll be a lot of that dumb crimson color in the stands hoping for a win. That's how it was for the Arkansas game. Id take a 10K "sellout" if it was all orange. We just need to drown out all that noise with the rowdy on Saturday.

Seth25809er

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Jan 8, 2012
I worry that's because there'll be a lot of that dumb crimson color in the stands hoping for a win. That's how it was for the Arkansas game. Id take a 10K "sellout" if it was all orange. We just need to drown out all that noise with the rowdy on Saturday.
They barely got 4,000 to show up in Norman for a game against one of their biggest rivals. I can't imagine many will show up in Stillwater when they don't even go in Norman.

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/5252844.pdf

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City

I doubt it. OU has some young talent but they are in the cellar in the Big 12. I could see 1100 or 1200 OU fans but doubt there would be very many.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
So you're expecting all 7 of OU's basketball fans show up?

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
I doubt it. OU has some young talent but they are in the cellar in the Big 12. I could see 1100 or 1200 OU fans but doubt there would be very many.
No way in hell they get that many. No way 1100 0U fans would want to come see their team get the crap kicked out of them, then get the rashing from OSU fans the entire game and all the way out to their car.

I bet most of the 0U fans will be the players families/friends. 1200 would be 25% of their normal attendance in that s-hole LNC.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It was louder when we played both Missouri and OU right after we lost the 10...Astonishingly so.