Trump press secretary Sarah Sanders ejected from Virginia restaurant

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
These insane leftists believe they are morally superior, so they act like spoiled children. They do not have a clue that they are embarrassing themselves and steadily eroding what little support their fascist cause enjoys.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
These insane leftists believe they are morally superior, so they act like spoiled children. They do not have a clue that they are embarrassing themselves and steadily eroding what little support their fascist cause enjoys.
The exact same sentence could be said of those on the right. Pull your head out.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Must have had a sign on the door saying: we reserve the right to serve whomever we want but not those who lie routinely to the public.
On Sept 11 US embassy attacked. US ambassador and other American hero’s murdered.

US president ignoring intelligence reports blames it on a YouTube video posted by an American citizen.

Last edited:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
And just like that Liberals agree with conservatives, a business has a right to refuse service.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
And any unhinged person that believes we are not being lied to near daily belongs in the booby hatch.
So, you still have nothing. Why is it every time someone attempts to enter into a normal debate of an issue you delve into insults.

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
So, you still have nothing. Why is it every time someone attempts to enter into a normal debate of an issue you delve into insults.
Hard to talk to someone who's sole response to opinions you disagree with is changing the topic to "what about ", or "you've got nothing" or requiring a response to an off topic question. Fact

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Much like the gay wedding cake, this should fall completely under the purview of a business being able to refuse service to those they wish. Unfortunately the double standard and hypocrisy rampant today will make some people defend one instance while simultaneously attacking the other. My comment on each instance is the same, if you don't like these business practices, take your business elsewhere and encourage other people to do the same.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Much like the gay wedding cake, this should fall completely under the purview of a business being able to refuse service to those they wish. Unfortunately the double standard and hypocrisy rampant today will make some people defend one instance while simultaneously attacking the other. My comment on each instance is the same, if you don't like these business practices, take your business elsewhere and encourage other people to do the same.
Just serve her and get on with life. Goes back to my original statement of treating people with respect.

Your comparison is a hard comparison to make. Most people believe that "being gay" is not a choice, it is part of your biology (well the people who believe that science is not some sort of witchcraft).

Sarah Sanders 'chooses' to work at the place she works and 'chooses' to be the person she is.

I am not saying not serving here is correct, just the comparison is not the same. Most people would agree, if someone 'chooses' to be a 'asshole' or a member of the kkk then a private business owner has the right to not serve them.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So you ok with bakers not baking for gays now?:D
Not the same...

Most people believe that "being gay" is not a choice, it is part of your biology.

Sarah Sanders 'chooses' to work at the place she works and 'chooses' to be the person she is.

I am not saying not serving here is correct, just the comparison is not the same.

And before I get bull rushed, 'being conservative' and 'being gay' is not a protected class, so the waiter and the baker had the right refuse service under the the law.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Not the same...

Most people believe that "being gay" is not a choice, it is part of your biology.

I am not saying not serving here is correct, just the comparison is not the same.

And before I get bull rushed, 'being conservative' and 'being gay' is not a protected class, so the waiter and the baker had the right refuse service under the the law.
To be a fair comparison the Sanders party would have needed to order a custom service, the establishment would have needed to have offered everything on the menu but no custom service. That would be a fair comparison to the gay wedding cake.
Ultimately anyone should be able to serve or not anyone for any reason, less a life saving situation, and let the market decide. The people of the US are by and large good people and bad business decisions would likely be punished. As it is everybody is just taking a side when there’s really no side to take.

Mar 11, 2006
Not the same...

You are right it is not the same. The CO baker offered to bake the cake for the couple. The VA restaurant refused to provide them service.

It is silly for libs to try to claim the CO baker situation different based on “choice”. I agree with you the gay couple probably did not choose to be gay. But that is totally irrelevant. The did choose to get married and did choose to get a cake for their wedding and did choose to want to have a rainbow on the cake and did choose the specific baker and did choose to make a big deal about it.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
The title of this thread should have been “The Tolerant Liberal”

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
To be a fair comparison the Sanders party would have needed to order a custom service, the establishment would have needed to have offered everything on the menu but no custom service. That would be a fair comparison to the gay wedding cake.

Ultimately anyone should be able to serve or not anyone for any reason, less a life saving situation, and let the market decide. The people of the US are by and large good people and bad business decisions would likely be punished. As it is everybody is just taking a side when there’s really no side to take.
I think we agree here, the situations are not the same so don't try to compare them.

I would argue that most sit down restaurant are custom situations. Anytime the waiter asks a follow up question the meal in essence becomes custom.

Like I said, i wish the restaurant would have just served them. It was a crappy thing to do.