Trump's military parade costs come in at $80 million more than first expected

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Tea party and real conservatives should be pissed about this wasted spending.

The Donald is a rino of the highest power.
He may be a RHINO but the other party he isn't representing sure isn't the Democrats.

True Conservatives and Tea Party members have to be upset over Tariffs, the Spending bill, and this kind of crap. It just isn't conservative actions.

I lean fiscally conservative, and these types of things Trump does are maddening

Jul 20, 2018
He may be a RHINO but the other party he isn't representing sure isn't the Democrats.

True Conservatives and Tea Party members have to be upset over Tariffs, the Spending bill, and this kind of crap. It just isn't conservative actions.

I lean fiscally conservative, and these types of things Trump does are maddening
Trump's from New York and flaps his jaws a lot, however, he's playing the long game. He does things that make me scratch my head but I'm glad he's president. He dropped my retirement age at least 3 years.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Tea party and real conservatives should be pissed about this wasted spending.

The Donald is a rino of the highest power.
I think they are. Look at the posts in this thread. The right wing folks who put ideology first are saying this is a bad idea. The people who are pro Trump above all are finding ways to justify it.

And yeah it's a banana republic move. We are the flipping United States. We don't put on military parades.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The Dept of Def has released their costs for the military parade Trump has ordered to be held. The costs are $50 million to the Pentagon and $42 million from other Fed Depts including Homeland Security. The costs include parade assets, aircraft, and temp duty pay for troops that participate

3 DoD employees had told CNN earlier this year the expected costs for the parade would be $12 million..which is now up to a total of $92 million

The Pentagon Spox has told CNBC that the DoD would be making a formal announcement about the costs soon but expects the parade to have 8 tanks, armored vehicles, helicopters, fighter jets, transport aircraft and other plan flyovers. It is expected to start at the Capitol, go past the White House and end at the National Mall.
Wait, who is releasing these estimates? What are the sources?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/tru...d-to-cost-80-million-more-than-estimated.html
The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.​
The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure includes $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million.​

So, has anyone confirmed this $92 million with, you know, the actual DoD and not some anonymous source with "firsthand knowledge of the assessment"? Or are we going batspit crazy over something that will eventually turn out to be fake news?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
From CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/tru...d-to-cost-80-million-more-than-estimated.html
The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.​
The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure includes $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million.​

So, has anyone confirmed this $92 million with, you know, the actual DoD and not some anonymous source with "firsthand knowledge of the assessment"? Or are we going batspit crazy over something that will eventually turn out to be fake news?
Don't worry, I'm sure Omorosa has a tape of someone talking about hearing about it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jun 28, 2011
Auburndale, Florida
American Legion to WH: “Until such time as we can celebrate victory in the War on Terrorism and bring our military home, we think the parade money would be better spent fully funding the Department of Veteran Affairs and giving our troops and their families the best care“

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

Trump did confirm the price it seems this morning

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1030426536871116801

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK
$40 million per year for the Blue Angels....they reach like a couple hundred thousand people per year??

$6.8 million per year for NFL Flyovers...that reaches 200k-400K people per WEEK in person and Millions more every week via TV.

You don't Marketing do you bro?
You simply can't claim the experience is the same though. That's like comparing watching the X-Games live to watching a few skateboarders roll by you.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Wait, who is releasing these estimates? What are the sources?
It was actually an estimate of $12-30M and it was from Nick Mulvaney and it came in response to the reporters questioning him about the $12M figure, he also said that the numbers could and probably would change, now it's been cancelled. To answer your post later on, yes people are going batspit crazy over nothing and even what they were originally going batspit crazy over was selective reading.

Having said that, it is and was a poor idea and served no useful purpose, had it been presented as the 100 yr anniversary of WWI or something of that nature it might have been something people could have gotten behind, although (imo) that too would have been a poor idea, as it is it looked like something straight out of NK, the old Soviet Union, or the PRC.
In terms of costs let's compare
$92M taxpayer dollars for a parade - term - 6 yrs max
$116B (with a B) taxpayer dollars annually for illegal aliens - term - indefinite

Both are reckless but the magnitude is vastly different

Jul 20, 2018
In terms of costs let's compare
$92M taxpayer dollars for a parade - term - 6 yrs max
$116B (with a B) taxpayer dollars annually for illegal aliens - term - indefinite

Both are reckless but the magnitude is vastly different
Yeah but the illegal aliens are future liberal voters so they're ok.