TV for a monitor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
After the move I have an extra 32 inch TV. Can it be used as a computer monitor?
Probably, but depending on the age of the TV and computer it could be a pain in the butt to get working right. Sometimes computers HDMI is a video-only connection, getting the aspect ratio and resolution can be a fit, picture won't look quite right and also discovered on a business trip that my Netflix app on my Chromebook won't allow for viewing on a secondary display. I had to open Netflix through Chrome to actually watch it. OR, you could plug it in and it'll work perfect. lol.

All that just to say, it's worth a shot. :D

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Probably, but depending on the age of the TV and computer it could be a pain in the butt to get working right. Sometimes computers HDMI is a video-only connection, getting the aspect ratio and resolution can be a fit, picture won't look quite right and also discovered on a business trip that my Netflix app on my Chromebook won't allow for viewing on a secondary display. I had to open Netflix through Chrome to actually watch it. OR, you could plug it in and it'll work perfect. lol.

All that just to say, it's worth a shot. :D
Yeah. It’ll take longer to explain/research it than plugging it in and trying it. Unless you have to buy an HDMI cable or another adapter.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I have an about 8-year-old computer plugged into about a 10 to 12-year-old rear projection DLP TV and they work perfectly fine together.
HDMI for computer says carried audio for at least 8 to 9 years now it seems.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk