Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
For anyone thinking Trump would issue an apology for his other tweets.....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151451591171543041

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151451067437191168

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151451068431294464
The whole issue over his tweets is pure political theater. The House was going to condemn his tweets but before they could have a vote, Pelosi was found to be out of order because apparently you can't just accuse the president of being a racist without proof on the House floor like you can in a CNN studio. There was a big debate and it was finally determined that Pelosi was in the wrong, but instead of striking the comments from the record, the Dems voted to allow them to stay. Then after handing down the customary punishment of not being able to speak the rest of the day, the Dems immediately voted to allow her to speak again. One Democrat (Cleaver) finally stormed off showing that there is at least some sanity and integrity left in the party, even if it's the smallest of minorities.

And of course all of this over tweets that weren't as bigoted, hateful or offensive as some of the anti-Semitic things that Omar and other members of the "squad" have said or done. The Dem controlled House initially tried but couldn't bring themselves to condemn Omar's speech, they didn't have that problem with Trump of course. #hypocrites

Oh and the House also considered a vote on impeachment with more than half the Democrats voting to table it. They know they don't have actual evidence to impeach....all you leftists out there who think otherwise, don't give them a pass, let them know how you feel.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Oh and the House also considered a vote on impeachment with more than half the Democrats voting to table it. They know they don't have actual evidence to impeach....all you leftists out there who think otherwise, don't give them a pass, let them know how you feel.
Wasn't the "Hush Money" investigation by SDNY supposed to finally bring him down?
That ended yesterday without charges being filed against anyone.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The whole issue over his tweets is pure political theater. The House was going to condemn his tweets but before they could have a vote, Pelosi was found to be out of order because apparently you can't just accuse the president of being a racist without proof on the House floor like you can in a CNN studio. There was a big debate and it was finally determined that Pelosi was in the wrong, but instead of striking the comments from the record, the Dems voted to allow them to stay. Then after handing down the customary punishment of not being able to speak the rest of the day, the Dems immediately voted to allow her to speak again. One Democrat (Cleaver) finally stormed off showing that there is at least some sanity and integrity left in the party, even if it's the smallest of minorities.

And of course all of this over tweets that weren't as bigoted, hateful or offensive as some of the anti-Semitic things that Omar and other members of the "squad" have said or done. The Dem controlled House initially tried but couldn't bring themselves to condemn Omar's speech, they didn't have that problem with Trump of course. #hypocrites

He's managed to force the Democrats to fully support these four, while they are still blasting away at the Democratic leadership, America, and sanity in general. It's some of the greatest political Kabuki I have ever seen.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
His rally chants his words back to him and today he says he doesn't like it and doesn't agree with it
Politicians have been walking back statements they've made forever. If he had encouraged the chant, he would have been criticized for that and obviously he's being criticized for discouraging it. It really doesn't matter what he does, people will criticize.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The phrase not the chant..I don't think he still understands the impact of every word he speaks as POTUS

His rally chants his words back to him and today he says he doesn't like it and doesn't agree with it
The nations left is so stupid that they get all bent out of shape regarding his every tweet...if they would stop, so would he. At this point it's just moronic on their part to continue thinking he will stop. He's just allowing them to dig themselves a grave with their insane reactions. It's really quite comical if it didn't expose how profoundly stupid some of our nations "leaders" in congress are to their very core.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The phrase not the chant..I don't think he still understands the impact of every word he speaks as POTUS

In a climate where his opponents will literally say anything, he fits right in, so I don't really know why it's shocking to anyone anymore.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This seems like it could be a political attack on these particular officers based on their opinions and exercise of free speech. After all, who decides what is appropriate/racist/hateful and what isn't? Heck, we all know Trump is a racist bigot! right? well :confused: depends on who the judge of the content is. This is a cultural change...I think some of these 72 officers who can show that their particular post were just free speech with no intent to harm will have a very good case in a court of law. To take a very harsh stance on this by the department I would think is profoundly unwise and may cause a huge rift in these departments and likely their cities in general. Of course officers should be smarter than to post on Social Media but that media is still fairly new and I would think that trying to purge the entire police force all at once of anyone who makes a "inappropriate or obnoxious" political post is dangerous and unwise.

Certainly one would have to review the post to see, but it's still just a post and not an act of violence until it becomes one. I would hope they talked to the officers about this prior to enforcement of such a far reaching policy.
“War,” “cake walk,” “eenie meenie miney moe,” “Eskimo,” “freshman,” “hip hip hooray!”, “hold down the fort,” “starving,” and “policeman” were among other words and phrases deemed non-inclusive by CSU.

"The guide is not about political-correctness or policing grammar, but rather helping communicators practice inclusive language and helping everyone on our campus feel welcomed, respected, and valued," the guide continues. "

"Nicole Neily, president of Speech First, told Campus Reform that "even though these guidelines are suggested and not mandatory, they place students in the uncomfortable position of reciting politically correct talking points that they may not agree with. Words like 'American,' 'male,' and 'female' are used every day by billions of people around the world. When these students graduate, they're in for a rude awakening!"
Aaron Allen, who is a third-year student at CSU, also reacted to the "guidelines," telling Campus Reform, "what about the term 'African-American'? Should I not use that term to describe myself?"
Campus Reform has previously reported that CSU warned against using gendered emojis to make social media interactions more inclusive."

Last edited: