Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
:facepalm::facepalm:

It is spider man's hands with webs coming out of the wrist!!
I can still remember being young and making this symbol at a concert was "cool". Maybe it still is, I don't know, but adults were saying it was devil horns and demonic back then... probably the main reason kids did it in the first place.

This woman needs to lighten up...if you want to complain, ask how much it cost, because you know Disney took their cut.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I can still remember being young and making this symbol at a concert was "cool". Maybe it still is, I don't know, but adults were saying it was devil horns and demonic back then... probably the main reason kids did it in the first place.

This woman needs to lighten up...if you want to complain, ask how much it cost, because you know Disney took their cut.
I'm pretty sure it probably means 'white power' now and is racist.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
You would know, racist.
im not sure on that one, not really a horn fan, nor gooner (because upside down horns is also 'white power' and racist). But I do know making a gun with your index finger and thumb - was invented by taco tceh and is inherently racist and a sign of white supremacy as well. So all Pokes and taco tcehsters are racist. That includes you, racist.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1151906887677464576
"We have a question: Do you want to be a cop, or do you want to appear to be a cop? It's an honest question. A lot of guys just want to appear to be cops. Gun, badge, pretend they're on TV....Yeah, a lot of people just wanna slam a ****'s head through a plate-glass window."

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Can look at this a couple of different ways, one of which is "thank God for social media so these disgusting people in positions of power can be found out and removed from those positions".

The other way is, if you're an adult, and you aren't required to have social media accounts by your employer, why would you have a FB or other social media account? How many 10's of thousands of people have to lose their jobs and standing in their communities for people to understand that shit?

Hell, having a message board account here is treacherous enough.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
The other way is, if you're an adult, and you aren't required to have social media accounts by your employer, why would you have a FB or other social media account? How many 10's of thousands of people have to lose their jobs and standing in their communities for people to understand that shit?
Having a social media account isn't the issue. Not thinking about the sh*t you post on social media is the issue. Unfortunately "people" are stupid so this probably is only going to get worse...

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Having a social media account isn't the issue. Not thinking about the sh*t you post on social media is the issue. Unfortunately "people" are stupid so this probably is only going to get worse...
True.

It's incredible. I have a friend that has a child that looks at life thru their phone. Something happens, out comes the phone. They've taken videos and pictures of other people/friends/acquaintances and put them on the internet without their permission. Some of them not flattering. It's only a matter of time before something really bad happens. I've discussed it with them, and it just ain't sinking in.

But, grown ass adults should know better.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
True.

It's incredible. I have a friend that has a child that looks at life thru their phone. Something happens, out comes the phone. They've taken videos and pictures of other people/friends/acquaintances and put them on the internet without their permission. Some of them not flattering. It's only a matter of time before something really bad happens. I've discussed it with them, and it just ain't sinking in.

But, grown ass adults should know better.
Completely true, & I guess I'm slowly grasping it with our daughter.

Aug 16, 2012
Can look at this a couple of different ways, one of which is "thank God for social media so these disgusting people in positions of power can be found out and removed from those positions".

Hell, having a message board account here is treacherous enough.
Yeah, has pretty much killed my chances at becoming your next president.