UNBELIEVABLE!!! Kansas Buck

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
This deer was taken opening day of Bow season just south of Ottawa, KS by a business associates brother. Inside spread was 35", he is going through lie detector processes as this may be a new World Record.

Aside from the massive rack, Look at the size of the freaking head on this thing. I'm wayyyyyyy jealous.

Attachments

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
And on the same day I get this pic in an e-mail from a cousin who took this Colorado bull in my favorite hunting spot (see Scenic Pic thread) last month. I'm thinking there are a lot of one-eyed younger bulls on Teocali this winter. I should have been on this hunt and couldn't get away from the grind. DAMMIT!

Attachments

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Picture one :eek::eek::eek::cool:

Those are some massive drop tines.

Picture two :eek::eek::eek::cheers:

I don't know what to say WOW.

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
I wish i could get the pics off an old phone I took of some of the some deer I would see out and about. I swear they are some of the biggest racks I have ever seen. It is the perfect environment for them up here, plenty of corn, alfalfa, winter wheat, CRP fields, and tree rows for cover. They would come up and eat the corn we spilled around the grain bins and dryer, and not even act alarmed by your presence.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I wish i could get the pics off an old phone I took of some of the some deer I would see out and about. I swear they are some of the biggest racks I have ever seen. It is the perfect environment for them up here, plenty of corn, alfalfa, winter wheat, CRP fields, and tree rows for cover. They would come up and eat the corn we spilled around the grain bins and dryer, and not even act alarmed by your presence.
About 20 years ago I saw the biggest whitetail skull/rack I've ever seen in person, just down the road from you in Meade KS. It was hanging above a barn door out in the weather, I tried to buy it from the old farmer and he said he found the buck dead on his property and it had been hanging there for a while and it wasn't for sale. It was a ginormous typical 12 pt. rack.

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
Those antlers are a product of some really strong mineral content in the diet, and possibly food plots. Those are really, really nice and I hope he gets his record.

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
I don't want to be the hippie tree hugger on the thread, but it's kinda sad to see such impressive animals killed in the wild. That said, 10 minutes later the buck could have fallen off a cliff and would have been a waste. Either way, just sayin. Pretty cool, but kinda sad.
Both of those were taken in the prime of their life. They soon would have been the prey of natural predators that don't use precision killing instruments.

and when I say "precision instrument", I am not talking about a sitar, you damn dirty hippie.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Yeah my son and I were talking about that last night. Biggest one I've ever seen I believe! Wonder what that deos to the scoring?
according to cuz, they won't score it officially. He said if they had matched the typical side, it would have made the P & Y book.