Upcoming Movies

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 23, 2010
After a very slow year, the last three months are stacked with both big budget tentpoles and movies aiming for awards. I'm pumped for a big chunk of both.

October alone is going to get me to theaters for sure for:

Venom: Let There Be Carnage
The Many Saints of Newark
No Time to Die
The Last Duel
Dune
The French Dispatch
Last Night in Soho

Anyone else looking forward to what's on the slate for the rest of the year?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
After a very slow year, the last three months are stacked with both big budget tentpoles and movies aiming for awards. I'm pumped for a big chunk of both.

No Time to Die
The Last Duel
Dune
The French Dispatch
Last Night in Soho

Maverick

Nov 23, 2010
I've seen the previews. It looks pretty lame

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tom Cruise, weirdo that he is, rarely lets his movies be outright bad although some aren't that successful. Still, it's definitely best to look at any sequel 30 years later with a lot of skepticism until proven wrong.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I've seen the previews. It looks pretty lame

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Really?!?!? The little bit of flight scenes they do disclose gave me goosebumps. I've also read how and what all they did to get footage and it sounds serious.as.hell... like the Navy gave them clearance to do stuff with F/A-18's that historically has never been allowed (outside of a true engagement). I'm stoked.

No Time to Die and Top Gun: Maverick (and the upcoming Avatar) are the reasons I go to bed every night and say a little prayer for the movie theater industry. I'm one of those that likes to "experience" a movie... not just watch. And while I have a decent little projector and surround sound set up at home, it just does not compare to the real thing. I just do not understand the people right now that are wishing death to the theaters and openly declare that they'd much rather watch movies on demand at home. While I enjoy an on demand movie (and the lower cost), I sure as heck don't want the theater experience to disappear. That would be terrible IMO.

Nov 23, 2010
Really?!?!? The little bit of flight scenes they do disclose gave me goosebumps. I've also read how and what all they did to get footage and it sounds serious.as.hell... like the Navy gave them clearance to do stuff with F/A-18's that historically has never been allowed (outside of a true engagement). I'm stoked.

No Time to Die and Top Gun: Maverick (and the upcoming Avatar) are the reasons I go to bed every night and say a little prayer for the movie theater industry. I'm one of those that likes to "experience" a movie... not just watch. And while I have a decent little projector and surround sound set up at home, it just does not compare to the real thing. I just do not understand the people right now that are wishing death to the theaters and openly declare that they'd much rather watch movies on demand at home. While I enjoy an on demand movie (and the lower cost), I sure as heck don't want the theater experience to disappear. That would be terrible IMO.
They re-released Top Gun in theaters this summer and movies like that are just a different and IMO better experience in theaters than at home. It was like a whole new movie for someone who had only seen it at home before.

Dramas may be fine at home, but there are lots of genres that are going to be better at a theater. I usually seek out the less crowded showings, but give me the 7 pm Friday showing for Jackass Forever. Nothing like a full theater for comedies.

Jun 14, 2011
I went to watch the limited run of Terminator 2 in the theater about 2 years ago. I effing love going to the theater. STOKED for some sand worms in IMAX....

Nov 23, 2010
DUNE

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
They had a new trailer for it in front of Venom last night. It looks incredible. I'm hopeful the theater + HBO Max numbers are good, this is apparently only the first half of the book. They have to complete the story.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa

No Time to Die
The Last Duel
Dune
The French Dispatch
Last Night in Soho

I have been waiting to see Venom: Let There Be Carnage for quite some time now, it was originally set to release on my birthday in the summer, so i am going to see it tonight finally!