USA...our country/government...good, bad, ugly

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
I know not neither name
Referring to Hofmeister and Garrett names?

Joy Hofmeister — She was most recently State Superintendent of Schools (although now running for Gov)
Sandy Garrett — longtime State Superintendent of Schools. Had several terms at beginning of 2000s.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I know not neither name
They are the same. Sandy Garrett was the state school superintendent for a long long time. She has loyalist in office now. It’s filled with radicals. Even in Oklahoma. They are leftovers still there from the 90’s and 2000’s. A republican finally ran and she retired because she was going to lose. The republicans name was barresi. She was going to shake up the status quo. There is too much corruption and pocketing money that should go to the classroom. Hoffmeister was Garrett’s #2. She switched parties to primary barresi because barresi was real close to changing the culture of t dept of Ed in 1 term. Hoffmeister won and has been superintendent every since. There was a time I worked for the department of health. I was harassed by dept of Ed people because I saw them steal money that should go to actually instructing our children.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Referring to Hofmeister and Garrett names?

Joy Hofmeister — She was most recently State Superintendent of Schools (although now running for Gov)
Sandy Garrett — longtime State Superintendent of Schools. Had several terms at beginning of 2000s.
They are the same. Sandy Garrett was the state school superintendent for a long long time. She has loyalist in office now. It’s filled with radicals. Even in Oklahoma. They are leftovers still there from the 90’s and 2000’s. A republican finally ran and she retired because she was going to lose. The republicans name was barresi. She was going to shake up the status quo. There is too much corruption and pocketing money that should go to the classroom. Hoffmeister was Garrett’s #2. She switched parties to primary barresi because barresi was real close to changing the culture of t dept of Ed in 1 term. Hoffmeister won and has been superintendent every since. There was a time I worked for the department of health. I was harassed by dept of Ed people because I saw them steal money that should go to actually instructing our children.
I remember that Garret name now. Just boggles the mind that these games go on everywhere while we argue and jockey about our candidates, the people we all claim we want to help, the disenfranchised, end up getting the shaft even more.

This next tax package will be case in point when prices really jump.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
It’s not all pay. California has one of the highest rankings in the country for pay and also at the top of teacher shortages. Talk to some veteran teachers and ask them if they are encouraging kids to enter the teaching profession. We have a number of them in our family and every of one of them has the same complaint at the top of the list by a long shot. Kids behavior and parents attitudes. It’s a small minority but it’s enough to make the profession miserable.

Look at little league in this country. The people who make great coaches don’t want to do it because of the parents.
There is a local high school sports official who is on our local radio show in Stillwater trying to recruit new officials. Just like everything else they are experiencing shortages also. When they have people quit 70% of them mark down the attitudes of the parents/fans as the reason for quitting.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Americans have increasingly negative views of those in the other political party npr

A large Pew survey out this week shows just how bad it's gotten. (Pew interviewed 6,174 Americans. For context: most good national polls only interview about 1,000 people or so.)
The survey's biggest finding? Democrats and Republicans agree: they really don't like Republicans and Democrats.

Since 2016, growing numbers of people in each party simply don't like people in the other party. They increasingly see people with differing political views as closed-minded, dishonest, unintelligent and even immoral.
Among Democrats, 63% see Republicans as immoral, up from just 35% who said so in 2016. For Republicans' part, 72% see Democrats as immoral, up from 47% seven years ago.

Majorities of Democrats, Republicans and independents who lean toward either party say they do so because of the harm the other side could do to the country.
Americans are also increasingly negative in their view of the two major U.S. political parties, with 27% saying they have an unfavorable view of both political parties. Pew has been asking this question since at least 1994.

More and more, Americans also don't want to marry or date people of another political party. One survey from 2020 found that almost 4 in 10 people in both political parties would be upset if their child married someone of the opposite political party.
(There's even an app for conservatives now to avoid liberals in dating.)
Some 7 in 10 people say they often wish there were more political parties to choose from. Democrats are more likely to say this than Republicans, which might explain some of the more public infighting among Democrats, but the sentiment is particularly high among independents and those who are younger and less politically engaged.

Mar 11, 2006
Americans have increasingly negative views of those in the other political party npr

More and more, Americans also don't want to marry or date people of another political party. One survey from 2020 found that almost 4 in 10 people in both political parties would be upset if their child married
That is wild. That has got to be because media amplifies the extremes for each party. I can’t imagine choosing a life partner based on their political party. Or even choosing friends.
If someone can’t marry or be friends with someone of a different political party, then that probably says something bad about that person.

May 31, 2007
Concord
That is wild. That has got to be because media amplifies the extremes for each party. I can’t imagine choosing a life partner based on their political party. Or even choosing friends.
If someone can’t marry or be friends with someone of a different political party, then that probably says something bad about that person.
Media and social media IMO.

Apr 14, 2009
The R’s Not letting Obama choose a SCJ with 14 months left in his presidentcy kind of showed me witch party was the most corrupt. Then this same group of R’s pushing one in for there side in 90 days just reinforced my opinion that the R’s have no moral compass.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/adl/status/1560261229276704769?s=21&t=q7i2Rria21rPRbDfgq9ahQ
yeah...we held fund raising rallies for Nazis in America.

Meanwhile we literally turned boats away at our harbors with Jewish war refugees.

From 1933 to 1938 leading up to WWII the US only granted 30% of Jewish refugee applicants with Visa's to come to the US

Then right before the kick off of the war our Congress voted down accepting 20,000 Jewish child refugees with STRONG public support to NOT accept them. The most likely outcome is that most of these Jewish kids were killed in concentration camps as slave labors

Congress rejected a bill to take 20,000 Jewish refugee children
A few months before the St. Louis set sail — in February of 1939 — Sen. Robert Wagner (D-NY) and Rep. Edith Rogers (R-MA) members of Congress introduced a bill that would allow 20,000 German Jewish children to come to the US, over and above the annual quota for German immigrants.

As far as we can tell, the American public strongly opposed the proposal. A Gallup poll from January 1939 asked if Americans would support bringing even 10,000 German refugee children into the country, public opinion ran 2:1 against. But polling wasn't yet a science, and it's possible that the public was less anti-refugee than Gallup's methods indicated.

Ever see a 30Ft tall George Washington Picture with Swastikas

1660912726251.png

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

A large Pew survey out this weekshows just how bad it's gotten. (Pew interviewed 6,174 Americans. For context: most good national polls only interview about 1,000 people or so.)
The survey's biggest finding? Democrats and Republicans agree: they really don't like Republicans and Democrats.

Since 2016, growing numbers of people in each party simply don't like people in the other party. They increasingly see people with differing political views as closed-minded, dishonest, unintelligent and even immoral.
Among Democrats, 63% see Republicans as immoral, up from just 35% who said so in 2016. For Republicans' part, 72% see Democrats as immoral, up from 47% seven years ago.

Majorities of Democrats, Republicans and independents who lean toward either party say they do so because of the harm the other side could do to the country.
Americans are also increasingly negative in their view of the two major U.S. political parties, with 27% saying they have an unfavorable view of both political parties. Pew has been asking this question since at least 1994.

More and more, Americans also don't want to marry or date people of another political party. One survey from 2020 found that almost 4 in 10 people in both political parties would be upset if their child married someone of the opposite political party.
(There's even an appfor conservatives now to avoid liberals in dating.)
Some 7 in 10 people say they often wish there were more political parties to choose from. Democrats are more likely to say this than Republicans, which might explain some of the more public infighting among Democrats, but the sentiment is particularly high among independents and those who are younger and less politically engaged.
Just the way the DNC and GOP like it....makes their job so much easier.

I've seen first hand the last several years how different political beliefs can end both friendships and family relationships. Really breaks my heart to see.