USC and UCLA to the BIG10 in 2024

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
We're now basically in a neighborhood pick-up basketball game with two captains selecting their teams, and I'm beginning to wonder if in their eyes we're the Paul Pfeiffer of the group.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
This race for money has me almost completely disinterested in college sports. Why watch a worse version of the NFL or NBA? Only reason I did before was because of the history and rivalries. Now it's just a complete mishmash of teams all jockeying for money regardless of local and regional rivalries. It's all just so.....boring now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Hahahahahahahahaha

Now, I see clear paths for our new commish.

Dump the four new guys. Go get Utah, Colorado and both Arizona schools.

Or keep them, go get those four anyway and get to 16 teams spanning the country.

Dump them and WVU, get those four and Oregon.

Dump the entire shit and find a way into SEC or BIG 24 team league.

This is amazing. I love all of it.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
This race for money has me almost completely disinterested in college sports. Why watch a worse version of the NFL or NBA? Only reason I did before was because of the history and rivalries. Now it's just a complete mishmash of teams all jockeying for money regardless of local and regional rivalries. It's all just so.....boring now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
This is where I’m at too. This, plus throw in the craziness of the NIL stuff.

Stanford’s PAC 12 pitcher of the year who led them to Omaha just entered the transfer portal, and this stuff is happening all over the place.

Throw all the historic rivalries in the trash, and cause each roster to have 65% turnover each year. Yeah, this new era of college sports is so much fun…

Jan 4, 2005
I say take a big swing here, invite Clemson, Florida St, Oregon and Stanford, ACC teams have to be getting a little antsy. But would settle for Arizona schools, Utah and anybody other than Colorado from the Pac, I have zero interest in getting them back.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
None of this would be needed if they had just expanded the playoffs, all of these teams would just be playing each other in the playoff and there would be no need to join different conferences just to have better matchups. They could have dropped some non con games and started the postseason sooner. Money would all be made up from postseason games.

No one talks about reforming basketball conferences because there’s March Madness, all the good teams play each other anyway. No one cares if UCLA and UNC are in different conferences because they’ll meet in the Elite 8 or Final 4 or whatever. And yes football bowls are cool but they are not win or go home.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I say take a big swing here, invite Clemson, Florida St, Oregon and Stanford, ACC teams have to be getting a little antsy. But would settle for Arizona schools, Utah and anybody other than Colorado from the Pac, I have zero interest in getting them back.
Clemson and FSU will have an invite to the SEC within the month. We arent getting any big name teams into the big 12. We are picking up the scraps.