USC and UCLA to the BIG10 in 2024

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 31, 2008
Oregon State - No
Oregon - Yes
Arizona State - Yes
Arizona - Yes
Stanford - No
Cal - No
Colorado - Fuck No
Washington - No
Washington State - No
Utah - Yes

Nov 6, 2010
Hahahahahahahahaha

Now, I see clear paths for our new commish.

Dump the four new guys. Go get Utah, Colorado and both Arizona schools.

Or keep them, go get those four anyway and get to 16 teams spanning the country.

Dump them and WVU, get those four and Oregon.

Dump the entire shit and find a way into SEC or BIG 24 team league.

This is amazing. I love all of it.
Yea, this move wasn't surprising except for the fact that Oregon wasn't part of it, maybe that comes later. Impossible to see where we end up at the end of the day, but it was pretty obvious that neither the PAC nor the new Big XII were going to survive as power whatever conferences.

Sep 6, 2014
I dont get all the desire for the Arizona schools, they are complete trash and bring zero prestige to our conference which is already considered by many a non power 5 after 0u amd texas leave.

Go and get big time schools or at least freaking try. Oregon, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Va Tech, Washington. Regional locations mean nothing anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I dont get all the desire for the Arizona schools, they are complete trash and bring zero prestige to our conference which is already considered by many a non power 5 after 0u amd texas leave.

Go and get big time schools or at least freaking try. Oregon, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Va Tech, Washington. Regional locations mean nothing anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We arent getting those teams lol. We need to accept that unless we get an invite from the SEC or BIG10 we are gonna be a leftover league. Need to make sure the league is at least the 3rd best league and we are situated at the top.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
Clemson and FSU are gonna have to pay a TON to get out of the ACC. I could see OSU and Tech getting an invite though for rivalry sake. Maybe even Baylor and TCU
The money the SEC would make from having them in the conference pales in comparison to the exit fee. They dont give a rats ass about the exit fee.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
We arent getting those teams lol. We need to accept that unless we get an invite from the SEC or BIG10 we are gonna be a leftover league. Need to make sure the league is at least the 3rd best league and we are situated at the top.
Nobody has any idea what’s going to happen or who’s in play. No one. None of us work for any of these schools or conferences.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
The money the SEC would make from having them in the conference pales in comparison to the exit fee. They dont give a rats ass about the exit fee.
No it doesn't. The exit fees could be in the billions of dollars. They are under contract through 2036 so would have to pay for their TV rights through that point. The rest of the ACC would have no reason to negotiate either since it would basically mean the death of their conference.

Aug 7, 2006
Neither the SEC or Big 10 are done... Right now, the ACC should be ready for some devastating moves as well. UNC/Duke/UVA/GT to the Big 10 would make a lot of sense. FSU/Clemson/NC State/VT to the SEC does as well... Miami to either conference wouldn't surprise me either. Things are going to get crazy quickly, I think.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
Nobody has any idea what’s going to happen or who’s in play. No one. None of us work for any of these schools or conferences.
Other than following the trends and seeing what they have done in the past. All roads lead to 2 super conference of at least 20 teams. Whether we are in it or not is debatable, but acting like any of the big names are gonna leave their conferences to come to the big 12 is hysterical. The big 12 is a leftover league, we should be making moves to make it the third best league in the country.