War in the Caucasus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Trump was denying the Armenian Genocide in December 2019. He ain’t going to do a damn thing to prevent another Muslim on Christian bloodbath. Dude is siding with Turkey. This is a no-brained decision, especially if he wanted to appeal to his base.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50828179
Trying not derail own thread. There’s becoming a rival faction within the hardcore base that doesn’t even want to be affiliated with Christianity. Starting to become vocal. Of course there’s still an evangelical base but they’re also confused as Israel has sided with Turkey. You’d think by now the blinders are starting to come off that maybe Israel isn’t their friend.
Personally, this isn’t our fight. We have no business being involved. Except weapon sales of course. If Russia decides to take the bait and fight, then Turkey can’t invoke the NATO charter. Win win except for the two little countries caught in the middle.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Trying not derail own thread. There’s becoming a rival faction within the hardcore base that doesn’t even want to be affiliated with Christianity. Starting to become vocal. Of course there’s still an evangelical base but they’re also confused as Israel has sided with Turkey. You’d think by now the blinders are starting to come off that maybe Israel isn’t their friend.
Personally, this isn’t our fight. We have no business being involved. Except weapon sales of course. If Russia decides to take the bait and fight, then Turkey can’t invoke the NATO charter. Win win except for the two little countries caught in the middle.
While I lean towards your argument that there is nothing for the US in this fight I'm not so certain NATO would come to Turkey's aid if they started a fight in a foreign country. It's a mutual defense treaty so unless the Russian Bear crosses into Turkey I just don't see us joining arms with Turkey.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Oddly enough, Russia and the US agree on not having an empowered Turkey and Erdogan and possibly pan-Islamic state. I don't think a religious bloodbath is healthy. Israel is just trying to get paid in partnering with Azerbijan and Turkey.

Just as a general rule when your shooting missiles at parts of your territory like Azerbijan is sending into the Artsakh; you're probably not on the right side.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
While I lean towards your argument that there is nothing for the US in this fight I'm not so certain NATO would come to Turkey's aid if they started a fight in a foreign country. It's a mutual defense treaty so unless the Russian Bear crosses into Turkey I just don't see us joining arms with Turkey.
That’s what I’m saying too. Turkey started it, so if they’re attacked by Russia, there’s no obligation on nato to defend Turkey.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Russian bombers bombed a column of two hundred militants sent to Karabakh

Russia decided to support Armenia and with one powerful blow smashed the positions of two hundred militants. Russia decided to intervene again in the armed conflict on the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, providing very significant assistance to Armenia, killing about two hundred militants in one large-scale blow. The air strike hit the settlement of Magara, where, as previously claimed by representatives of nearby cities and towns, jihadists are being recruited from Syria. “A few Russian bombers have just smashed a recruiting point for militants heading to Azerbaijan for the war with Armenia. Given the scale of the strike, at least 200 Turkish-backed jihadist rebels were hit. This is one of the largest groups of militants, destroyed by the Russians in the past few months, "- said a Syrian source information and news agency Avia.pro. At the disposal of the Avia.pro portal were also unique video frames, which captured the moments of attacks by the Russian Aerospace Forces, and although we are talking about an anti-terrorist operation, analysts draw attention to the fact that Russia is providing Armenia with very serious assistance, since the appearance on the front of such a large number of jihadists could well end in significant troubles for the NKR and Yerevan.

Translated from https://avia.pro/news/rossiyskie-bo...nu-iz-dvuhsot-boevikov-napravlennyh-v-karabah

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
That’s what I’m saying too. Turkey started it, so if they’re attacked by Russia, there’s no obligation on nato to defend Turkey.
No obligation as long as the military actions are outside of Turkey (I believe), like Libya where Turkey and Russia are on opposite sides.

If Turkey did come to NATO it would put the European members in a tough spot as there is already tension between Turkey and Greece, Turkey could open the border to 3 million refugees/migrants and Russia could cutoff energy supplies during winter.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Good read. Glad the media is finally starting to look outside US politics. Of course, it’s too late. People are shunning news from political fatigue. I still disagree with the premise that it’s up to us to bring peace. Particularly when it’s former iron curtain proxies. Sad as it sounds, Russia/Turkey conflict might help the world see its not always us effing up the end game.

Nov 6, 2010
Good read. Glad the media is finally starting to look outside US politics. Of course, it’s too late. People are shunning news from political fatigue. I still disagree with the premise that it’s up to us to bring peace. Particularly when it’s former iron curtain proxies. Sad as it sounds, Russia/Turkey conflict might help the world see its not always us effing up the end game.
I think most people regardless of their politics would like to see the US involved in less of these kind of things. However, given we've served that stabilizing (sometimes destabilizing) role for so long now, how we start to withdraw is pretty important, and will have ramifications that will no doubt affect our interests as well as others. It will be an interesting decade ahead to watch the process. Nature hates a vacuum, I just hope we end up with the right people making good decisions as the process plays out.