Welcome Rochester fans!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
Mmmm...I'm only 31. I'd say I would have dropped dead just after 50 in that scenario. So I'd probably have about 1 and 3/4 of my coronaries clogged with deliciousness at this point.
Yeah, probably not dead. Sedentary but sublime.

Jun 24, 2008
SW Oklahoma
Sitting here wearing an OSU polo as I type. We've been looking at your fall sched to see what might work out. Having HS games on a Friday night and an 8-hr drive to Stillwater is rough. Prob find a week where we have a cupcake on the sched and drive to Stillwater on Friday (stay in Tulsa). Gotta remember to have coins in the car for the toll roads.......

I think I'm the only Rochester poster to make it to your Spring Game. Had a great time and did manage a burger at Eskimo Joe's.
8 hours? How fast were you driving?

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Heck that's suprisingly only 30 miles further than San Antonio and we have several season ticket holders who live down there. You guys should buy season tickets as well.:cool: Better start reserving rooms soon if you want to stay overnight in Stillwater. Stillwater fills up fast on gamedays, by fast I mean prior to the Summer.

Dec 26, 2011
Stillwater
Heck that's suprisingly only 30 miles further than San Antonio and we have several season ticket holders who live down there. You guys should by season tickets as well.:cool: Better start reserving rooms soon if you want to stay overnight in Stillwater. Stillwater fills up fast on gamedays, by fast I mean prior to the Summer.
Yeah it's a little ridiculous. I've had to stay in Guthrie before..

OSU79

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Heck that's suprisingly only 30 miles further than San Antonio and we have several season ticket holders who live down there. You guys should buy season tickets as well.:cool: Better start reserving rooms soon if you want to stay overnight in Stillwater. Stillwater fills up fast on gamedays, by fast I mean prior to the Summer.
3rd year of season tickets while residing in Houston. 8-1/2 to 9 hours, depending on bladder and appetite coordination amongst passengers. As my father says, "Ya gotta love the game!"

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So even with stops you average 70 mph? Got it.
Dude, why wouldn't he if it's like 75 mph the whole way...most people on the 75mph highways drive about 82...so if you stop four times go to the bathroom and grab food to go over the course of a 560 mile journey you should average out around 70mph. That's about what many of us averaged on our way out and back to Scottsdale for the Fiesta Bowl. It’s not 1978 when the roads, cars, and speed limits would not allow those types of speeds on long trips.

Apr 25, 2012
Rochester, IL
I am hoping that we can get a charter bus trip scheduled right after the RHS vs SHG game headed for Stillwater on September 1. The SHG game is a big rivalry here--father against son game. This year it will be at SHGs brand new stadium. It would be great to have a group cheer on Wes in his debut!

Feb 9, 2012
Rochester/Springfield IL
I am hoping that we can get a charter bus trip scheduled right after the RHS vs SHG game headed for Stillwater on September 1. The SHG game is a big rivalry here--father against son game. This year it will be at SHGs brand new stadium. It would be great to have a group cheer on Wes in his debut!
That should be an amazing weekend. Rockets and Cyclones on new turf field and then OSU opener in Stillwater. Count me in.

mariont

Greenhorn
May 1, 2012
Springfield, IL
I'd be interested too, but dont we play SHG week 4 again, which I think is Sept. 14th? Only asking because I really don't know what this year's schedule looks like, can't find it.