What to use to spray your fenceline...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 7, 2007
Get some Tordon RTU, costs about 11-12 dollars a bottle. Squirt it around the base. Can also use it to treat stumps.
I've used Tordon before and it worked really well, but I have been told that it can leech into surrounding plants/trees and kill them too. I can't have that...

MSteph57

Territorial Marshal
Aug 14, 2008
Near enemy territory.
I use Glyphos that you can get at a COOP or maybe Lowe's. 1 cup to a 4 gallon backpack sprayer. If its a problem area that seems to get stronger after you spray it up it to 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 cups. Should be completely dead a week after spraying.

chemguy

Greenhorn
Jun 6, 2012
Be careful and do not buy the cheap brand of Glyphosate at Atwoods. I have had problems with it gelling up in small quantities and plugging the spray nozzle. I contacted the manufacturer but they couldn't help me. the name of the brand to avoid is COMPARE-N-SAVE.
Compare-N-Save is good stuff. The gelling you refer to is the surfactant in the herbicide that makes it spread better on the leaves. I called the company and they said it was "fully loaded" meaning it has all the surfactant you can put in it and any globs you see are just the surfactant settling after being stored in solution with water or in cold weather. They said just shake it till the gel disappears.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Compare-N-Save is good stuff. The gelling you refer to is the surfactant in the herbicide that makes it spread better on the leaves. I called the company and they said it was "fully loaded" meaning it has all the surfactant you can put in it and any globs you see are just the surfactant settling after being stored in solution with water or in cold weather. They said just shake it till the gel disappears.
That didn't work. I contacted the company and they couldn't give a solution to my problem. It kept plugging the fine screen on the pump suction and the nozzle. I gave up and went back to Round-Up concentrate. No more problems.