Wheel of Time TV Series Confirmed

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
I'm caught up. Seems to be moving along just fine. My wife didn't read the books and she's enjoying it so that's promising. Had to be tough to try and adapt a story that appeals to superfans and new audiences.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
What do you mean he was able to see their weaves?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
When Nynaeve went super saiyan, Logain reacted and said something like "Like beacon of light" or something of that nature. In the books, men and women could not see each others weaves, but they could, towards the end, feel them using it. Logain should not have seen anything other than Nynaeve over Lan and then every one being healed.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What do you mean he was able to see their weaves?

When Nynaeve went super saiyan, Logain reacted and said something like "Like beacon of light" or something of that nature. In the books, men and women could not see each others weaves, but they could, towards the end, feel them using it. Logain should not have seen anything other than Nynaeve over Lan and then every one being healed.
Oh ok. I guess it just went past me. I'll go rewatch that part.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
OK. I think I was distracted at that point and so I turned on subs and watched it again. Yes it seems he could see. Could it be justified because of simply it being SOO powerful and he never saw any others?

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
Episode 4 was really good imo. Need more explanation on how Logain was able to see the weaves of a woman. Shouldnt be able to seem them so that would be a big change in the lore that I dont like. Other than that I really enjoyed the episode. Its getting better and better every episode. Cant wait for 5!
From the book researcher that works on the show.

https://twitter.com/sarahenakamura/status/1464417339609210883?t=m-Dn-v6qpHHq12NjRiTeZA&s=19

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
From the book researcher that works on the show.

https://twitter.com/sarahenakamura/status/1464417339609210883?t=m-Dn-v6qpHHq12NjRiTeZA&s=19
Eh Im not buying that. I was hoping for more that he can see taveren and since Nyn is a tav now, he was able to see it. I remember in the book siuan sanche could see tav and that is how she was able to immediately know who was the dragon in the middle of a crowd.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
So I have seen episode 5. It is really good. I really enjoyed it and actually like loial. The actor did a great job with him (definitely took from the audiobook).. I just didnt like the hair lol. Im hoping episode 6 really continues the current pacing and the season finishes strong. Hopefully the next season is 10 episodes.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So I have seen episode 5. It is really good. I really enjoyed it and actually like loial. The actor did a great job with him (definitely took from the audiobook).. I just didnt like the hair lol. Im hoping episode 6 really continues the current pacing and the season finishes strong. Hopefully the next season is 10 episodes.
I really expected him to be taller and bulkier. But I do remember there are bigger ones later on.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
So I watched episode 7. For the most part I am liking the various changes to the story but I have some qualms with how they did Machin Shin here. In the books it was far far more menacing (probably more so than any other evil being in the series imo) and here it seemed pretty meh. So kinda disappointed there. Also I don't really like how they have already moved the Lan and Nyn relationship up several books. I liked the slow burn of their relationship more in the book than the hurried one here. It just didn't seem to be real for me at least. Now for what I hated. The drama sucks *** in this show so far. It is so not needed. Especially the stupid "love triangle" they are going for with Perrin, Rand, and Egwene. It's just awful tbh and made me roll my eyes through that entire scene. Just stupid. With how different the show and the books are and their desire to change irrelevant things, I'm surprised they are gonna keep the Rand and his three wives bit from the books. I was for sure they were gonna cut that out but I guess not thankfully. Overall, this was one of the worst episodes yet and if not for the acting and the cool flashbacks and DR reveal, it would be lower. 6/10

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So the gate into the ways is supposed to be like a wall and they move a leaf or something to make it open right? At least that's what I think I remember from the books. So them opening it with magic seemed a little odd. And of course that there was no actual gate there. Going back to episode 6 this is by the way which I noticed that we've gotten no reviews posted for the last two episodes here by our resident WOT expert. Hope all is well with him.

Jan 14, 2006
So I watched episode 7. For the most part I am liking the various changes to the story but I have some qualms with how they did Machin Shin here. In the books it was far far more menacing (probably more so than any other evil being in the series imo) and here it seemed pretty meh. So kinda disappointed there. Also I don't really like how they have already moved the Lan and Nyn relationship up several books. I liked the slow burn of their relationship more in the book than the hurried one here. It just didn't seem to be real for me at least. Now for what I hated. The drama sucks *** in this show so far. It is so not needed. Especially the stupid "love triangle" they are going for with Perrin, Rand, and Egwene. It's just awful tbh and made me roll my eyes through that entire scene. Just stupid. With how different the show and the books are and their desire to change irrelevant things, I'm surprised they are gonna keep the Rand and his three wives bit from the books. I was for sure they were gonna cut that out but I guess not thankfully. Overall, this was one of the worst episodes yet and if not for the acting and the cool flashbacks and DR reveal, it would be lower. 6/10
I watched a YouTube video with Brandon Sanderson where he talks about the first 4 episodes. He's a producer on the on show and gets to read the script and give input before filming.

Basically, he said that some of the changes make more sense later on and that he didn't like them at first until he figured out what they were doing.

It's a decent watch if you're looking for some insight.