Who can agree that....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
BOTH the GOP and the DNC have become parody of themselves.

I'm not really looking for argument or discussion.

I'm just looking for the people that can co-sign on that proposition....you know....the sane, rational folks.

Co-signed,
CowboyJD

Nov 6, 2010
Agreed, and I'll step out on a limb and put in a signature from our #1 founding father, GW.

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Agreed, and I'll step out on a limb and put in a signature from our #1 founding father, GW.

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."
very well said, and proven time and time again via history

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Multiple regular posters avoiding co-sign and avoiding this thread like the plague.

Feel free to call out your favorites.

That would be fun. :D

Sep 22, 2011
Its the end of the empire, the people in power are completely corrupt and owned by the richest and most powerful people and companies in history, the general public is too checked out and powerless to stop it and the government is completely unable to address any problem without making it worse. Its all silly at this point, and its not because they are dumb, its because they know they can get away with it.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
As a moderate and independent, of course I hate both parties. I've also noticed that disparaging both parties is popular even among partisans. We just don't like to admit that we have a "team". Being honest, it could have influenced my own voting behavior in never voting for the same party in consecutive elections, though I'd like to think it doesn't. I think we could all benefit from questioning how much partisanship influences the assumptions and beliefs we walk into voting booths and political conversations we have. Even when we think it doesn't, it probably does.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
As a moderate and independent, of course I hate both parties. I've also noticed that disparaging both parties is popular even among partisans. We just don't like to admit that we have a "team". Being honest, it could have influenced my own voting behavior in never voting for the same party in consecutive elections, though I'd like to think it doesn't. I think we could all benefit from questioning how much partisanship influences the assumptions and beliefs we walk into voting booths and political conversations we have. Even when we think it doesn't, it probably does.
I’m a moderate Republican, but it doesn’t feel like there’s a place for moderates in either party anymore. Pretty sure I’m joining your ranks.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I would love to see two well-known moderates on both sides come together to run independent. I've mentioned Tulsi and Crenshaw.
I'm to the point where I'd take two NON-politicians over anything in, around, or of Washington. Smurf the whole lot.

I'd seriously vote a Dwayne Johnson/Mike Rowe ticket and not blink an eye. They could not be any worse than what we've had the last ~6 years (or what keeps getting mentioned as the possible future). :glare::cursing::poo:

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I'm to the point where I'd take two NON-politicians over anything in, around or of, Washington. Smurf the whole lot.

I'd seriously vote a Dwayne Johnson/Mike Rowe ticket and not blink an eye. They could not be any worse than what we've had the last ~6 years (or what keeps getting mentioned as the possible future). :glare::cursing::poo:
You might want to be more specific, because Trump fit that description in 2016.