Who can agree that....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So, someone puts up a fancy little scribble and everyone is expected to get on board and co-sign or you'll make fun of them?
I literally just saw this thread a bit ago.

I feel special that you would care to make sure I saw it.

Oh yeah, @CowboyJD gotta tag you so you know I'm talking about you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So, someone puts up a fancy little scribble and everyone is expected to get on board and co-sign or you'll make fun of them?

Oh yeah, @CowboyJD gotta try you still you know I'm talking about you.

Funny. This also applies to the other parody thread you gleefully participate in.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Oh yeah, @CowboyJD gotta try you still you know I'm talking about you.

Funny. This also applies to the other parody thread you gleefully participate in.
So, y'all can sign and cosign all you want, but you know you'll still be participating in the gop thread and JD will continue to be childish and call me names when he doesn't even know me. This little kumbaya moment isn't changing that. JD already calling people out is proof of that.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So, y'all can sign and cosign all you want, but you know you'll still be participating in the gop thread and JD will continue to be childish and call me names when he doesn't even know me. This little kumbaya moment isn't changing that. JD already calling people out is proof of that.

Why are you scared to agree with this?
BOTH the GOP and the DNC have become parody of themselves.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

BTW - I haven’t posted in either parody thread since this one was created. The discussion here has been way more productive and insightful.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Why are you scared to agree with this?
Right now I look at both sides and I see one playing politics like normal and the other being cool with an overthrow of the government. From the democratic side I'm not cool with things like the new green deal or defending the police but those are pie in the sky ideals and both sides have them. The Republicans though, they rage against a true blood conservative like Liz Cheney because she has the audacity to say the election wasn't stolen.

Then I see stuff like this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...-censured-arizona-democratic-party/index.html

So a senator acts like one and because she didn't follow the party line they want to abandon her? And that is a party that desperately needs her vote right now.

From a who is more crazy right now perspective, I'm not down with this. One side literally wanted to overthrow the government because of a cult of personality. But taking the crazy out of the equation and seeing what the supposed adults in the room are doing, yeah I get it.

If we had 50 Joe Manchins and 50 Mitt Romneys working things out I don't have a problem with political affiliation. But right now it seems like we have leadership that puts party over country and those that step out of line are ostracized. So yeah, until they figure out how to govern instead of trying to spin a mispoken quote by McConnell or Biden into a cable news talking point $crew them both.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
BTW - I haven’t posted in either parody thread since this one was created. The discussion here has been way more productive and insightful.
Sorry to double quote you on this but what I was going to say before I went on a rant was not everyone here hates the two party system. If 40% of Americans define themselves as independent then that means 60% are cool with the current system, or at least believe in their side enough to see it as the lesser of two evils.

I'll use Cim and wren as examples. I'm not calling either out on this (which is why I didn't tag them-if either respond to this post its fine). But they clearly have a party preference and that makes them no different than a majority of the population. If someone made a post saying Bedlam is stupid and we should find a way to root for us and the squats everyone here would jump in because that would be a ridiculous thing to say. For some politics are the same way. Some people have their political identity ingraved into their being into who they are and they can't escape from it.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I am impressed you even thought about something from another political POV. I do hope that continues.
Super ironic, coming from you...of all people.

Hell dude, I have STARTED at least two threads here critical of Joe and Kamala and Dems.

You can’t come close to saying the same thing about Trump and Reps.

And still no co-sign from you on the very simple proposition first posed.

I get it.

We all get it.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004

I know you by your posts.

Your posts, including this one, prove you’re a bootlicking Trumpie.

It is what it is. You should just own it.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Whereas, I’ve posted in both being critical of both parties.

Actions, speak louder than words.

Couple people avoiding this thread like the plague and a few more clearly revealing what we’ve all know by not being able to bring themselves to co-sign.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Sorry to double quote you on this but what I was going to say before I went on a rant was not everyone here hates the two party system. If 40% of Americans define themselves as independent then that means 60% are cool with the current system, or at least believe in their side enough to see it as the lesser of two evils.

I'll use Cim and wren as examples. I'm not calling either out on this (which is why I didn't tag them-if either respond to this post its fine). But they clearly have a party preference and that makes them no different than a majority of the population. If someone made a post saying Bedlam is stupid and we should find a way to root for us and the squats everyone here would jump in because that would be a ridiculous thing to say. For some politics are the same way. Some people have their political identity ingraved into their being into who they are and they can't escape from it.
They have much more than a party preference.

They have an irrational and illogical inability to criticize or question their party on anything. That’s not a party preference. That’s membership in a cult of personality.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004

Oh yeah, @CowboyJD gotta tag you so you know I'm talking about you.

NOBODY expected you to co-sign.

And you didn’t disappoint.

Mar 11, 2006
Super ironic, coming from you...of all people.

Hell dude, I have STARTED at least two threads here critical of Joe and Kamala and Dems.

You can’t come close to saying the same thing about Trump and Reps.

And still no co-sign from you on the very simple proposition first posed.

I get it.

We all get it.
You are becoming slightly creepy.

Don’t believe I’ve ever seen a thread on this board that the OP makes a statement…needs affirmation from others to agree with statement…calls out posters who have other things to do than give him a like…has a poster who responds with specifics that generally agrees with this original statement..but still continues nagging to get a like.
Do I have that right?

Creepy. And needy.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004

Don’t believe I’ve ever seen a thread on this board that the OP makes a statement…needs affirmation from others to agree with statement…calls out posters who have other things to do than give him a like…has a poster who responds with specifics that generally agrees with this original statement..but still continues nagging to get a like.
Do I have that right?

Creepy. And needy.
No, you don’t. Not at all.

I DGAF about likes from you or anyone else.

I just like it when people reveal themselves for who they really are.

You’re doing that in spades. Thank you for that.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Couple people avoiding this thread like the plague and a few more clearly revealing what we’ve all know by not being able to bring themselves to co-sign.
Actions speak louder than words? You mean how you do nothing but belittle and call names to people you disagree with? Yeah right. You are a parody yourself.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I won't sign your scribbles because you are proving right now that this isn't about unity and coming together. You just can't stand that people don't agree with you, especially with your "attempt" to play nice.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Do I have that right?

Creepy. And needy.
No, you don’t. Not at all.

I DGAF about likes from you or anyone else.

I just like it when people reveal themselves for who they really are.

You’re doing that in spades. Thank you for that.
Dude, you sound like you need to take a step back from the politics board.
Seriously, as a fellow pokes fan, you need to calm down.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
BOTH the GOP and the DNC have become parody of themselves.

I'm not really looking for argument or discussion.

I'm just looking for the people that can co-sign on that proposition....you know....the sane, rational folks.

Co-signed,
CowboyJD
The GOP no longer has a philosophical center, no guiding principles.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask