Who can agree that....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
You’re making the mistake of looking at the pawns instead of the chess masters. I would argue our democracy is still in danger.

Look at John Eastman, Peter Navarro, and the Green Bay Sweep. Look at what Giuliani was setting up with fake electors. What happened at the Capitol wasn’t Trump’s end goal. It was one piece of the bigger puzzle. If Mike Pence hadn’t decided to follow precedent for constitutionally-supported process of certifying our election (at the advice of Dan Quale), the country could have been thrown into chaos. Trump would have used it to tie up the certification process in the courts as long as possible to either overturn the election or extend his stay of power well beyond his term.

I read something a couple of years ago that still seems to ring true today. The issue with our response to Trump is we either don’t take his threats seriously or we don’t take them literally. I choose to do both.
Left out the nuclear option and filibuster. Masters everywhere.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I wish I could give a thumbs up for the first sentence of your post and a thumbs down for the rest. “Most” is up for interpretation. There were plenty off Proud Boys, 3 percenters, and others to injure 140 Capitol Police and leave three dead. I would not minimize that as being “not a threat to anything besides a box of donuts and their HOA's.”
3 police died?

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I guess if you want to count the cop that shot himself about a week later. It sounds like a bit of a stretch by people trying to increase the threat to me.
Remember: We’re arguing whether the rioters were more than just a threat to a box of doughnuts or an HOA.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I guess if you want to count the cop that shot himself about a week later. It sounds like a bit of a stretch by people trying to increase the threat to me.
It IS legally possible to prove Liability and get convictions of Wrongful Death in a case of suicide if an outside influence can be proven to be what led to the suicide. It has occurred many times in our legal system.

Not a stretch legally.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It IS legally possible to prove Liability and get convictions of Wrongful Death in a case of suicide if an outside influence can be proven to be what led to the suicide. It has occurred many times in our legal system.

Not a stretch legally.
Don't worry, if it was a woman that killed herself a week after seeing a trans penis in a locker room and not the insurrection that he low-key supports we would see 10 posts from him about how the trans killed her.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Saying both parties suck is meaningless as long as we keep supporting and electing them. If you want to sign on to something then sign on to voting 3rd party.
Sure. I’ve been doing that since the 2016 election. But there are some who won’t even take the first step of acknowledging both parties are a parody of themselves.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Sure. I’ve been doing that since the 2016 election. But there are some who won’t even take the first step of acknowledging both parties are a parody of themselves.
I actually think the % of those that won't take that first step is small. The hardliners and devotee's.

The problem becomes the the open-minded are pitched a line of "yeah, both parties suck, but we need to make sure we win this time! If you don't, 'X' will win, and that will be disastrous. Next time you can vote third party". There's always another crisis that pushes off the priority of a 3rd party vote.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
You’re making the mistake of looking at the pawns instead of the chess masters. I would argue our democracy is still in danger.
Yea, nothing major has ever started with some unimportant rabble-rousers pulling off some nonsense.
Just ask Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
Bazinga!

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I was okay with the two party system when both parties had philosophical centers, foundational principles. Go back and listen to JFK or Ronald Reagan speeches and see if you could really identify which party they belong to now.. you can't. They weren't ideologues. But the operated from foundational principles. Now both parties are pretty much we hate whatever you're for, we're for whatever you're against, and I want nothing to do with the lunacy.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Don't worry, if it was a woman that killed herself a week after seeing a trans penis in a locker room and not the insurrection that he low-key supports we would see 10 posts from him about how the trans killed her.
Or a child. I would think you would want to not revisit a discussion where you found yourself on the side of a habitual sex offender over the young girls they exposed themselves to.

For the record I support law and order. At the US capitol, at BLM protests and at the border.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Actions speak louder than words? You mean how you do nothing but belittle and call names to people you disagree with? Yeah right. You are a parody yourself.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I won't sign your scribbles because you are proving right now that this isn't about unity and coming together. You just can't stand that people don't agree with you, especially with your "attempt" to play nice.

Dude, you sound like you need to take a step back from the politics board.
Seriously, as a fellow pokes fan, you need to calm down.

I’ll take a step back when actual moderators tell me to take a step back, pigeon....or when I get bored.

Until then, I’m just as entitled to post my opinion as you are....including my opinions about you and your conduct here.

Have a good one!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Actions speak louder than words? You mean how you do nothing but belittle and call names to people you disagree with? Yeah right. You are a parody yourself.

I won't sign your scribbles because you are proving right now that this isn't about unity and coming together. You just can't stand that people don't agree with you, especially with your "attempt" to play nice.

Dude, you sound like you need to take a step back from the politics board.
Seriously, as a fellow pokes fan, you need to calm down.

I’ll take a step back when actual moderators tell me to take a step back, pigeon....or when I get bored.

Until then, I’m just as entitled to post my opinion as you are....including my opinions about you and your conduct here.

Have a good one!
Prove my point. Yada yada yada let's all come together kumbaya.... suddenly don't agree with me oh you're a pigeon you're a trumpy.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Prove my point. Yada yada yada let's all come together kumbaya.... suddenly don't agree with me oh you're a pigeon you're a trumpy.

No it doesn’t prove your point.

And my first post was in no way a let’s all come together kumbaya post.

It was a let’s identify the cult members on point sides of the aisle post.

And it’s worked very well in doing so.

And you’re not smart enough to see that.