Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Just quit testing for it

This from my wife cousin working ICU in Tulsa hospital

View attachment 79292
The only test that is really beneficial at this point is an antibody test. Otherwise, the treatment is the same for both positive and negative cases. Recover at home, don't go out, come back to the hospital if you can't breathe.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Surgeon General says now on live TV that Louisiana, Florida, and Michigan are the next hot spots and a couple weeks away from their peaks

Says there is no drug out there going to cure this and won't be for weeks or even months says and good old fashioned public health awareness is our only remedy

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The only test that is really beneficial at this point is an antibody test. Otherwise, the treatment is the same for both positive and negative cases. Recover at home, don't go out, come back to the hospital if you can't breathe.
Knowing where you are on the curve would help with PPE demands, staffing iof hospital, and preparing for local outbreaks and moving gear

But sure..let's be reactive instead of proactive

Just stupid stupid leadership to this at all levels

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Mar 11, 2006
Knowing where you are on the curve would help with PPE demands, staffing iof hospital, and preparing for local outbreaks and moving gear

But sure..let's be reactive instead of proactive

Just stupid stupid leadership to this at all levels
I think Oklahoma’s testing protocols are fair game to debate. I am not sure why Oklahoma is testing at such a lower amount than other states. Oklahoma tests show positive results at 48%, by far way over national average. For instance, neighboring Missouri, Texas, and Arkansas are each under 9% positive test result.

But @UrbanCowboy1 is correct, an antibody test is what we need ... that is not be reactive, that is being proactive so that we can plan to reopen the economy.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I haven't posted so much negative. Just reality which unfortunately is very negative right now

I have posted positive when I run across it

The inaccurate and incorrect info you keep talking about is numbers. I am simply posting what is KNOWN at this time. In the end this will be different, but it what the world knows as reality at this time

I also posted the NYC park thing was a contingency plan.

I can't sensationalize reality. Reality is pretty damn sensational all on its own right now, which is why you may be misinterpreting what is actually happening as drummed up in some manner

I don't "Cheer" for any of this shit.

I have a niece who is in Vegas working the front lines and scared out of her mind

I have an uncle who went in for knee surgery last week and was released yesterday. I just got a call this morning that uncle is having problems breathing and showing symptoms and is being taken back to the hospital right now to be tested for COVID-19

My wife has two cousins one who leads the crash cart team and one who works in ICU on the front lines

My best friends wife is an ER Doctor who has been in contact with 2 positive patients she knows of and she is 20 weeks Pregnant. He is scared out of his mind right now
If New York wants to significantly lower the total mortality they should stop doing abortions! In 2017 New York
lost 105,380 lives from abortion.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
RG 0-3 wins twitter today...….

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/1247157311128428550?s=20
Ummm not really as someone else tweeted those exact words at least a week ago. He just copy/pasted.

Sooo kinda like when we pasted his ass up and down the field every year he played us... and then whines about the ass kicking.

Every.single.time.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
RG 0-3 wins twitter today...….

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/1247157311128428550?s=20
Except for the slight problem that this probably didn’t start from eating a bat. Right now their best guess is a pangolin. Funky armadillo looking thing. Plus I’m not sure if it comes from actually eating the animals at the wet market. Probably just from handling them. Though if they were eaten raw, same result I suppose. Either way, one of the places on my top 10 list of places NOT to visit.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
If New York wants to significantly lower the total mortality they should stop doing abortions! In 2017 New York
lost 105,380 lives from abortion.
Banning abortions just makes pregnant woman resort to finding out how to obtain and use drugs to self manage their own abortions. Then you don't know how many abortions happened. But maybe not knowing is just fine by you, kaboy42, bleedinorange, OSU1983 and NotOnTv. Not knowing is bliss.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Los Angeles county announces they are removing restrictions on who can and can not get tested in the county saying they finally have enough supplies to test anyone who wishes

Up until today only the elderly and high risk patients could get tested

I have no clue how we can claim we are in peak week when the second largest city and county in the US is just going to start mass testing tomorrow ??

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Los Angeles county announces they are removing restrictions on who can and can not get tested in the county saying they finally have enough supplies to test anyone who wishes

Up until today only the elderly and high risk patients could get tested

I have no clue how we can claim we are in peak week when the second largest city and county in the US is just going to start mass testing tomorrow ??
Testing and statistical peak may have nothing to do with real peak of the virus...it may have peaked a month ago for all we know.

Last edited: