Wyoming GOP boots Liz Cheney

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
In their resolution, central committee members called on Republican leaders in the House of Representatives to yank her from all committee assignments and excommunicate her from the GOP altogether “to assist and expedite her seamless exodus from the Republican Party,” according to the Casper Star-Tribune.
Cheney’s spokesman clapped back, calling it “laughable” to suggest she was "anything but a committed conservative Republican.”
“She is bound by her oath to the Constitution,” spokesman Jeremy Adler told The Washington Post in an email. “Sadly, a portion of the Wyoming GOP leadership has abandoned that fundamental principle, and instead allowed themselves to be held hostage to the lies of a dangerous and irrational man.”

Mar 11, 2006
I would say it is more for America, the democratic process and sanity. Anyone that stands up for those principles will get my support regardless of a letter by their name.
The Liz Cheney situation from Wyoming GOP is just stupid. I hope she wallops Trump's handpicked opposing candidate.

BTW, I am realizing that beside John Stossel (my all-time fav) ...a media personality that I agree and align with a lot is Meghan McCain.
https://twitter.com/meghanmccain/status/1460464494161842183?s=21

May 31, 2007
Concord
The Liz Cheney situation from Wyoming GOP is just stupid. I hope she wallops Trump's handpicked opposing candidate.

BTW, I am realizing that beside John Stossel (my all-time fav) ...a media personality that I agree and align with a lot is Meghan McCain.
https://twitter.com/meghanmccain/status/1460464494161842183?s=21
She’s extremely unpopular in Wyoming. I might be surprised if she even runs if she’s primaried.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
No, I think you just typed what you believe based on news you consume.

I added "voters"- which was my error. The actual poll, this year, was among Republicans and their views on MTG, not just among voters.
I am speaking to GOP leadership specifically. Otherwise, I would have said “Republicans.” Maybe I should have been more clear.

The whole reason Cheney is in hot water is because she has been doing what GOP leadership should have done all along. Call out Trump for the Big Lie that helped lead to Jan 6. Calling out GOP members of Congress like MTG and Gosar for their QAnon and white nationalist connections, conspiracy theories, etc.

If they were doing that, then Cheney wouldn’t feel compelled to do it herself. Instead, they chastise her for bringing it up.