1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

2012 NBA Finals: Thunder vs. Heat

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by SiggyPoke, Jun 9, 2012.

1. snuffy

Staff A/V Subscriber snuffy Deep Thoughts.

Time for everyone to chill or the thread gets locked.
    zachya likes this.
  2. Moe

Moe Wrangler

Thunder is way more internationally recognizable. There are people in places like South Africa, the Iraq, and the Asian countries, such as, who don't have maps and therefore only follow the NBA.
  3. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

Yeah, I guess I overlooked the global market by a long shot. I just know how instantly recognizable OU's logo is.
  4. Anaranjado

A/V Subscriber Anaranjado Shaolin Style

on another bright note. it's fantasy football season.
  5. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

Are you starting a league? If so, can I join? Wow....that came off desperate. My buddy is trying to do a college football league with many rules, I dunno how that will work.
  6. Anaranjado

A/V Subscriber Anaranjado Shaolin Style

i usually play in a few. we should start an OP league.
  7. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

Just saw the clip of KD crying to his family. How do you not love this dude?
  8. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

I'm down. In a few weeks, i'll try and remember to PM you so we can get it set up.
  9. jetman

jetman Cowboy

Speaking of people recognizing the Thunder in other places of the country, did anyone see the footage of that old lady being harassed on the school bus by those sh*tty little kids somewhere in New York? One of those kids was wearing a Durant jersey.
  10. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

My apologies for being chippy earlier. In my defense, I have spent a ton of time on the road at job interviews the last couple days with the wife and 3 daughters along in the minivan.

Been interviewing off and on all summer but Weds morning was woke up by a school in eastern OK looking to interview me Thurs and that was followed by a call from a school north of Stillwater to interview weds afternoon. So, I finally step in my door from the road in time for tipoff.

I am super stressed out and then my Thunder poop themselves. I also realize I wasn't really all that bad, but I had to revise most of my posts ro avoid a ban.

My bad.
  11. jetman

jetman Cowboy

I hear ya man. I've been super stressed too lately. My job is closing at the end of next month so I've been tied up in knots over that and watching these last 4 games did not help at all. I was hoping this series and a win would give me some temporary relief, but it did the opposite.
  12. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Deputy

You guys really need to get over all this blaming crap. If we had played better ball (namely our support players) most, if not all of those bad calls by the officials wouldn't have mattered. We didn't come out and perform and the Heat did. Period.
  13. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Deputy

14. kaje

A/V Subscriber kaje Let's Go Heat!

In other news, Mark Cuban was on First Take earlier and pwned Skip Bayless.
  15. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

No reason to apologize, were all Pokes here and families fight all the time. I am actually looking for a new job right now too. I understand the stress. I apologize coming in and acting a little "know-it-all" as well.

I hope the interviews went well.
  16. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

All went well just a waiting game now and I hate waiting.
  17. JustInOrange

A/V Subscriber JustInOrange Nothing Witty Here

Inb4 we are next year's Texas Rangers.

Getting to the final round twice, but not winning.
  18. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Cowboy

Your thing about Battier invalidates everything you have to say.

It also sounds like you're new to this whole NBA thing......you know, where players flop and do subtle little "illegal" things on the court to achieve that W?
    What Battier does is no where near Bruce Bowen's renowned dirty defense (which was legit dirty, but even then, he was doing all in the context of trying to win, not to thug out at other players) , and fyi, his "tactics" are now major principles in guarding superstars like Kobe, despite being one of the least athletic players on the entire planet.The LITERAL hand in face guarding tactic , previously for some odd reason never really considered as a serious defensive method, has now started to catch on.
    Ex:

There's really nothing absolutely wrong with anything he does. In fact, you should be absolutely praising what he does. The guy just does his job with extreme hard work and never gets into little scuffles and be all up in someone's face boasting and Ish.
    But he does flop a little though ;).

Battier is prob THE classiest and genuine player in the league also. Great parents and great family man and legit as you can get. The way some of the Thunder fans think your guys are so "different" and insulated from the rest of the NBA , if Battier were on this team , he could run for freakin governor lol. He's that good of a dude.

Im sorry man, but you can't diss on my boy Battier. There's a reason JVG absolutely gloats about him every chance he gets.
  19. HeartLike_JohnStarks

KD should've gotten the ball way more (except for of course in that game 4 where Westbrook just went HAM)
  20. HeartLike_JohnStarks

Kyrie is the real deal though. Game is so buttah.
    Not LeBron of course, but a future superstar. And only 20 yrs old. WTF.

Obligatory Kyrie vid:

Anaranjado likes this.