1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Football 2013 Recruit- Ranthony Texada

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by osupride97, Jan 9, 2012.

1. PlatypusJojo

A/V Subscriber PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

You think he might get an offer?
  2. osupride97

A/V Subscriber osupride97 Ambassador of Quan

After his JR day invite by OSU, he felt like it went very well. Of course, OSU told him they would stay in contact. As of now, they have not heard anything from OSU. I'm not giving up and hopefully this Baylor offer will make them watch a bit more.

I believe he will accept in a heartbeat if we offer.
  3. osupride97

Thing about this kid is he isn't a showboat, he's smart, plays hard, puts the work in, etc. His parents would expect nothing less. That's why I'm so high on him, plus the fact I've known him so long. Just a good kid overall. I know he'll do well wherever he ends up, but would be great to watch him in person.
  4. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus Wrangler

He's getting more attention.

“@DamonSayles: I remember when CB Ranthony Texada (@RTexada) complained about being offerless. Now has a baker's dozen w/ #Indiana: http://t.co/GyLYauFP”
    osupride97 likes this.
  5. wyzone

wyzone Wrangler

More like a Darrent Williams type with his speed....
  6. osupride97

His only setback is the weight. I told his dad, get him with Rob Glass and he'll be where he needs to be in no time.
  7. osupride97

Ranthony is up to 14 offers now. Zero from Oklahoma State. :(
  8. Orange Superman

Orange Superman Cowboy

Patience young grasshopper. Its a long way till February.
    osupride97 likes this.
  9. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

I know. Dude is freak'n.
  10. osupride97

Uh, not a dude and not freak'n. Just want to get his name out there for OKState to see how great he is.

Texada's stock is taking off
    Jake Shaw
    SicEmSports.com

Baylor coaches have dropped by Frisco (Texas) Centennial high school a handful of times this past spring to check out cornerback Ranthony Texada. They've invited him to their camp this coming weekend. And in the past few days they've decided to make a verbal scholarship offer.

Yet even when Baylor isn't actively recruiting Texada, his teammate, DE
    K.J. Smith (a Baylor verbal commitment), is usually around to plug the Bears.

"We're real good friends," Texada said. "We always hang out together and talk football together. He's a real strong Baylor commit. You don't have to worry about him. These past couple days he's been trying to get me to go there with him."

But Baylor fans - or fans of any program for that matter - should temper their excitement. Right now, no school is in the lead for Texada. It's far too early for him to think about ranking schools.

"My phone's on fire today," Texada said Thursday afternoon, not long after Iowa State and Indiana became the latest programs to extend offers.

In just a few months, Texada has gone from zero to 10-plus offers.
    "I'm just taking this all in," he continued. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Back in February I didn't have any offers. I was really trying to get my name out there, but everything's falling in place now. I'm really enjoying it and don't have any favorites right now."

In a matter of months, Texada has transformed from an unknown to a hot commodity. Aside from camping at Baylor on Sunday, he'll visit SMU for a camp on Saturday, and he's made plans for camps at TCU, Texas Tech and Mississippi State.

Baylor had originally planned to offer him at its camp, "but I guess they just wanted to do it before," Texada said.

The motivation for the Bears to pull the trigger probably came this spring. Baylor linebackers coach Jim Gush was at a Centennial practice and watched Texada go through a workout.

"He actually saw me lift and saw me run my 40," Texada said. "I ran a 4.48 in front of him, so I guess that impressed him."

Texada, like most recruits, is looking for the most "comfortable fit" at the next level, both for him and his parents. He said he wants a school with a strong academic reputation. He would like to play early, "but I'll redshirt if I need to - I just want to contribute to a team," he said.

Asked to describe his style of play, Texada used the word "explosive" twice.

"I like to go out and compete against the best athletes," he said. "I'm quick and explosive out of my breaks, and I like to make plays in the return game, on punts and kickoff returns. I love making people miss on those. I think I'm just an explosive athlete."

Sure enough, Texada's numbers back up his self-characterization. Texada finished the 2011 season with 45 tackles and 5 interceptions. He only fielded six punt returns, but took one of them 54 yards for a touchdown, and he averaged more than 34 yards per kickoff return.

Explosive indeed.

Off the field, Texada isn't much different than the average teenager. He enjoys battling friends on video games and playing basketball with his two younger brothers. One of them, an eighth grader, "is the next big thing, too," Texada joked.

Knowing that - and considering the athleticism and potential of Texada - when the younger brother's time comes, don't expect his recruitment to have have such a slow start.
  11. locochicka

locochicka Cowboy

His school and home are a mile from me......hummmmmm:)
  12. osupride97

Do you know him or his family?
  13. osupride97

19 offers later and none from OSU. I think he's given up and is leaning towards TCU. Big loss for OSU.

He also just visited Nebraska and is expected to receive an offer from them.

My hopes of him wearing orange and black is fading away.....................
  14. Noven

TCU is really his best offer so far.

edit: Well, Scout says he has a PSU offer.
  15. RideWithPride

RideWithPride Cowboy

It's weird that we aren't even talking to him though. Lots of good players get late offers, but usually there is a relationship before hand. He's definitely getting some good offers.
  16. PlatypusJojo

A/V Subscriber PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

We are going after other players. It's how recruiting goes.
    oufannot, Pokengineer and Noven like this.
  17. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus Wrangler

I'm shocked osupride97 didn't already post that Texada announced his top 6. SMU, TCU, Baylor, ISU, WKU, Illinois
    Anaranjado and Noven like this.
  18. osupride97

I already posted that his top pick is TCU. Very disappointed in OSU. But, Ranthony will shine wherever he goes.
  19. Noven

Why? If oSu went after every recruit that some random internet poster wanted, they would run out of schollys and the coaches have a much better idea of what fits their scheme.
    Don't understand your personal crusade here.
    oufannot, PlatypusJojo and OKCFan like this.
  20. LakeCowboy

LakeCowboy Cowboy

I believe it's because Ranthony is a close family friend and he was heavily interested in OSU and a very capable D1 player but we went with other options. It'd be equivalent to you having a son/nephew/close family friend that was a capable D1 player with Big12 offers but wanted to play at OSU and didn't get an offer. You would be a little upset, I would assume.
    State and osupride97 like this.