Men's Basketball 2019 F Kalib Boone Committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_8e63bfdf-95d3-5005-8ca6-f7ad72b777fb.html

Great article! Seem like humble kids. Hope they don’t take the Trae Young hometown discount & only affect the program in a minor way. Would love to see them in orange for 3 or 4 yrs and reach their potential then go pro! Would love for Bryce to come with them. KU scared me with any Oklahoma recruit though. Nearly impossible for kids to turn down unless they want their parents to be able to go to most games and stay instate. 13k fans every night. Compete for championships. I love TU but their student section is about 50 deep

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_8e63bfdf-95d3-5005-8ca6-f7ad72b777fb.html

Great article! Seem like humble kids. Hope they don’t take the Trae Young hometown discount & only affect the program in a minor way. Would love to see them in orange for 3 or 4 yrs and reach their potential then go pro! Would love for Bryce to come with them. KU scared me with any Oklahoma recruit though. Nearly impossible for kids to turn down unless they want their parents to be able to go to most games and stay instate. 13k fans every night. Compete for championships. I love TU but their student section is about 50 deep
What do you mean Trae Young hometown discount?? They are from Tulsa not Norman. What are you referring to?

Bryce Thompson we need to get!

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
What do you mean Trae Young hometown discount?? They are from Tulsa not Norman. What are you referring to?

Bryce Thompson we need to get!
They are from Tulsa so, what is the hometown college? University of Tulsa. The article referred numerous times to OSU and Tulsa being the two main schools. Using all that I figure he is talking about the University of Tulsa.

Dec 21, 2008
Trae went to Norman because he wanted to build his hometown team. He wanted it filled to the rafters and to bring a trophy home. He did not go to the his best option. And you could tell by the way he regressed as the season went on. His body language and confidence were terrible. Sometimes kids want to be that hometown hero and build a program like the article states. I am hoping since we were in on them deep and early that they can help be that foundation lying tandem we know they can be!

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com

Thank you for sharing. Was on my way to do that now, but see it's already here :)

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
They are from Tulsa so, what is the hometown college? University of Tulsa. The article referred numerous times to OSU and Tulsa being the two main schools. Using all that I figure he is talking about the University of Tulsa.
Oh ok. Thanks. Appreciate it. My opinion, a kid isn't going to go to Tulsa over a Big 12 school. They would be silly to do so. They suck in basketball now and haven't been that relevant really since Bill Self and perhaps early 2000s they have been fairly irrelevant in the landscape of college athletics. Not saying they don't have some solid teams now and again in basketball. Football they just can't compete with big dogs. not enough talent. Getting 3rd tier recruits.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Oh ok. Thanks. Appreciate it. My opinion, a kid isn't going to go to Tulsa over a Big 12 school. They would be silly to do so. They suck in basketball now and haven't been that relevant really since Bill Self and perhaps early 2000s they have been fairly irrelevant in the landscape of college athletics. Not saying they don't have some solid teams now and again in basketball. Football they just can't compete with big dogs. not enough talent. Getting 3rd tier recruits.
What if he wants to be a petroleum engineer, a lawyer? U of T has some good programs that OSU doesn’t offer.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
What if he wants to be a petroleum engineer, a lawyer? U of T has some good programs that OSU doesn’t offer.
Ok fair enough although engineer OSU has a good engineering school also. I'm talking about basketball and sports only. Not life after. Just purely sports since this is a sports board basically.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Ok fair enough although engineer OSU has a good engineering school also. I'm talking about basketball and sports only. Not life after. Just purely sports since this is a sports board basically.
He won't, he's way better than Solomon. Way more talented. I love Solomon, but just saying.
You don’t get it. Yes, OSU has a good engineering school but they don’t have a petroleum major. OSU doesn’t have a law school. Remember, Solomon was a 4 star recruit but he didn’t get any coaching his first two years at OSU. Just because a player wants a shot at the NBA doesn’t mean that they won’t prepare for a career after b-ball.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
You don’t get it. Yes, OSU has a good engineering school but they don’t have a petroleum major. OSU doesn’t have a law school. Remember, Solomon was a 4 star recruit but he didn’t get any coaching his first two years at OSU. Just because a player wants a shot at the NBA doesn’t mean that they won’t prepare for a career after b-ball.
I agree with the petroleum engineering program being different at TU. However, the law school should not be an issue. You can go to OSU and apply for law school anywhere.