Football 2019 S Dax Hill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2008
I’ve talked to people who know him and he’s a big school kind of kid. Opposite from Justice. I think OSU is top 5 but I would consider Michigan LSU & OU to be big competitors. The thing these schools do is they get guys to the NFL. Making a kid a millionaire is more prevelant at these schools. OSU gets an occasional NFL guy but these elite recruits want a track record. Losing Arroyo hurt BIG time. We do not IMO have an elite recruiter that can sway guys away from a&m Texas Arkansas etc.

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
Jan 5, 2012
Why does Scout have Hill 78% to sooners? Does Justice have no influence on his brother?
That's quite a presumptive assertion. Did Mike Gundy have no influence on his brother? Have you never met siblings who, despite having a close relationship, chose to go to different colleges?

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I’ve talked to people who know him and he’s a big school kind of kid. Opposite from Justice. I think OSU is top 5 but I would consider Michigan LSU & OU to be big competitors. The thing these schools do is they get guys to the NFL. Making a kid a millionaire is more prevelant at these schools. OSU gets an occasional NFL guy but these elite recruits want a track record. Losing Arroyo hurt BIG time. We do not IMO have an elite recruiter that can sway guys away from a&m Texas Arkansas etc.
We got the #1 recruit in the state of Arkansas to flip to us last year...

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
LOL it's more prevalent cuz historically they've been better and more pros. that's changing but that mentality must change too for OSU to take the next step.

Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
His brother might be the only reason he’s considering Osu. He’s definitely a candidate to leave this state. Sucks when the top talent won’t stay in state
I would rather Dax play in Timbuktu that Norman, and I think all OSU fans would agree with me.

Timbuktu University could really use a good safety I hear

Dec 21, 2008
Grew up a Michigan fan I believe. Also likes the LSU DBU label. Michigan being down sometimes elite guys want to be the guy to turn them around and start in front of 105,000 people.

I know he’s friends with Proctor from OWASSO who will be at Ohio state but he may want to put his own mark on a team (thus leaving us top 4 but not #1).

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
Grew up a Michigan fan I believe. Also likes the LSU DBU label. Michigan being down sometimes elite guys want to be the guy to turn them around and start in front of 105,000 people.

I know he’s friends with Proctor from OWASSO who will be at Ohio state but he may want to put his own mark on a team (thus leaving us top 4 but not #1).
Ill have to check again but I believe he grew as an LSU fan

Nov 19, 2013
Michigan is in a downfall under Harbaugh(so?). Unless I overlooked it, not one Michigan player was drafted.

Ohio St and Bama are the ones I thought could convince him to leave the state.

Without looking it up I believe their DT, Maurice Hurst, was drafted. He was considered a 1st round pick but went in the 5th because of a heart issue discovered at the combine.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Michigan is in a downfall under Harbaugh(so?). Unless I overlooked it, not one Michigan player was drafted.

Ohio St and Bama are the ones I thought could convince him to leave the state.
LOL I love OSU and hope he picks OSU. I know what I would do and that's go to Oklahoma State. that said, MIchigan isn't in a downfall. LOL cmon man.

Dax HIll, please come to Oklahoma State. Let's go win a National Title!

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Why does Scout have Hill 78% to sooners? Does Justice have no influence on his brother?
Who knows he might go there but honestly I think it's cuz he is in Oklahoma and they assume. Although to be fair some are saying OU does lead. I'll be interested to see where he ends up going and of course I hope he chooses Oklahoma State. Go Cowboys!!

Dec 21, 2008
OU takes a very aggressive recruiting style. They told Proctor they wouldn’t let him out of state etc. They are very persistent and snakelike and when they show them top 3 historically (arguably #1) and a ton of NFL guys it’s an easy sell. OSU is more family oriented & patient in their recruiting. Which is why both have been consistent in their rankings over 15yrs. Having a guy like Arroyo really helped close that gap. Looks like Henson is starting to fill in

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
OU takes a very aggressive recruiting style. They told Proctor they wouldn’t let him out of state etc. They are very persistent and snakelike and when they show them top 3 historically (arguably #1) and a ton of NFL guys it’s an easy sell. OSU is more family oriented & patient in their recruiting. Which is why both have been consistent in their rankings over 15yrs. Having a guy like Arroyo really helped close that gap. Looks like Henson is starting to fill in
Yes Arroyo was a bigtime recruiting. Getting Justice Hill and Hubbard and well our recent guy got King right?

Loved Arroyo. I'm with you on Henson. Bigtime recruiter as is Dunn our WR coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.