8% Chance for CFP

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
the playoff came about because they power that be preferred the eye test over polls and computers
Someone posted this in 2011 when we got pushed out by the eyeball test. I don't know who to give credit to but it was accurate enough that it stuck with me. This is what the eyeball test means.

1603677790981.png

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
R u freaking kiddo???

That’s what it was today on Gamefay for. Big 12 team making it to the playoff.

B1G was @ 40%, PAC12 @ 30%.

Not saying we make it, but good good, the PAC12???

F ‘em all & keep winning Pokes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIG and PAC still have lots of undefeated teams. Big12 basically has us. That's the swing in %

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Agreed. There not saying that an undefeated OSU won’t get in. They’re saying that there is a 92% chance OSU won’t do undefeated.

Exactly,

They don't think we can beat 0U no matter how bad that team is.

If we go undefeated, we are in.

As for now, they are marking at us as going to lose to either 0U or the horns.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
I believe that in 2011 if Gundy would have used his coaches vote to us number 1 and left Alabama completely out of the top 25 we would have made the title game.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Trevor Lawrence tested positive for COVID and might miss the ND game. That changes the landscape a little.
Looks like they are going to play anyway. I’m shocked they do not have any other positives. Wisconsin ended up with 16 and had to cancel the Nebraska game.

I hope all these players recover fully. It should also be a reminder to our boys that even the best player on the top ranked team isn’t immune to getting this and having to sit for 10 days.

I’ll be pissed if ND ends up beating Clemson due to key players being benched due to COVID. You know Clemson would never drop below us in the CFP, even if we are undefeated.

Aug 16, 2012
Looks like they are going to play anyway. I’m shocked they do not have any other positives. Wisconsin ended up with 16 and had to cancel the Nebraska game.

I hope all these players recover fully. It should also be a reminder to our boys that even the best player on the top ranked team isn’t immune to getting this and having to sit for 10 days.

I’ll be pissed if ND ends up beating Clemson due to key players being benched due to COVID. You know Clemson would never drop below us in the CFP, even if we are undefeated.

IMO, Clemson may not score as much or as easy, but the Clemson D would still keep ND from winning it. I hope they win, and handily so ND gets knocked completely out of the discussion.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I thought they’ve got Boston College this weekend?
Depending when TL tester positive he could be back for ND
You are right, the ND game is next week. This will put the the ACC’s Covid policy to the test. His eligibility could literally come down to hours, depending on when he took the test. Or is the quarantine 10 days? In which case he’d miss the ND game. What a cluster.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Next week, if Lawrence misses ND because of Covid. Then it could be a lose-lose for OSU. ND wins and Clemson doesn't take a "lose" because their QB was out.
:vomit:

It is a night game, so hopefully he would meet the 10 day requirement if it is viewed as 240 hours.