1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Advice on a handgun...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors' started by CowboyP, Mar 10, 2012.

1. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

The Glock 40 is an outstanding weapon. Which model do you advocate? 23, 22 or the ultra compact?

2. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

Just tell her to close eyes aim in the direction of noise and fire. At least that is what my wife would do.:D

3. Roman Craig

Roman Craig Race Ya Home! A/V Subscriber

Thank you sir!
    I have a .380, I was hoping the ppk was as well. I will let my wife carry the 380 now. My brother has a walther p22 and I love that gun. I was hoping the ppk was just as awesome.

Thanks for the help Sig.

OSU Sig likes this.
  4. Roman Craig

By the way,

Right now I carry a smith & wesson .40 cal. I want something more compact for summer.

5. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

That would send any self respecting bad guy running and screaming like a little girl in an attempt to evade and escape.

6. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

RC, the PPK/S is a very nice alternative for you and would be an easy carry weapon.

7. Roman Craig

Thanks. Is it expensive?

8. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

Normally in the $500 area. Sometimes excellent used models can be picked up for less.

9. Roman Craig

Thank you!!!

OSU Sig likes this.
  10. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

I've owned a PPK for about 25 years and it's been a very nice gun. I bought the Manurhin version as opposed to Walther and have no complaints, it was less expensive then the Walther too. Interarms and Smith & Wesson make it in the US I believe. Light, thin and easy to fire, nice carry gun for male or female.

11. Roman Craig

Thanks.

12. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

I had the Interarms version, in stainless. I've seen several on gunbroker.com with prices from $424 to $579.

13. orangejunkie

orangejunkie Wrangler

I took my wife to several gun shows and had her get a hold of many American made handguns to see how they feel. Going back and forth from table to table until she found the right fit. She chose the Ruger LC9 over a Kahr MC9 after the sales lady showed her the clip with the pinky rest. She didn't know she was buying it until I told the lady she would take that one. Filled out the paper work, paid for it & carried it out all on her own. The price was 4 bills but they knocked off 10% when she paid up.

14. OP150

OP150 Ready for Baseball A/V Subscriber

What obvious reasons? They make holsters which accommodate pistols with lights. Frames, well Glock messed up the .40's but we have yet to have an issue with our 120+ Glocks with lights (.45's and .357 Sig).

I am advocating the Glock and a light for one purpose, it is the most idiot proof pistol out there. It just works and if new to shooting, you don't know any better about the grip and functions of the pistol.

The light... anything someone says disputing putting a light on the pistol is making excuses. For someone who likely isn't going to train with the pistol or clear houses everyday, the light needs to be on the pistol. Put that person in a stressful situation with a hand held TAC light removing the free use of that hand, and things will be clumsy.

15. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

First of all, not everyone likes a light and not everyone likes a Glock. If you choose to carry one for your duty weapon thats great but not everyone is involved in clearing houses. I don't care for Glocks as the mag release bites my strong hand. I'm left handed and prefer a different grip shape with a mag release in a different position. I shoot HK pistols, currently the USP 40 and the HK45. I also like a physical safety. I understand the Glock safety trigger but do not like carrying a weapon in battery without a safety.
    It's nothing more than personal choice.

PokealypseNow and jakeman like this.
  16. OSUBuschman

OSUBuschman Wrangler

The Walther PK.380 or Kimber Solo 9mm. The Walther is my mom's favorite.

17. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

The Kimber Solo is about 3X the price of the Walther PPK/S.

18. OSUBuschman

OSUBuschman Wrangler

Yes it is. It is affordable for a Kimber though. But out of the 4 smaller calliber pistols we own those are the two my mother likes. She doesn't like the bodyguard .380 or my Taurus Slim.

19. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Sheriff

Works fine, until you come late one evening (because of a flat tire and a dead cellphone obviously).

20. PhantomX182

PhantomX182 ICT BOD A/V Subscriber

Glock 19.

Now to go back and read what your original post was...