1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Andy Staples' Post-Spring Top 25

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by jp7588, May 3, 2012.

1. jp7588

jp7588 Wrangler

2. Pistolp

Pistolp Wrangler

Ah, another prognostigator predicting our return to the fringe of the top 25 again next year. We'll see......
  3. PistolPete'sMustache

A/V Subscriber PistolPete'sMustache Wrangler

Wow. Six in the top 25 and seven in the top 30. Whoever thought the league would suck is kidding themselves.
  4. pokes16

pokes16 Deputy

Were we in the top 25 preseason after we lost Zac & Co? Staying in the top 25 might mean we are starting to slowly gain some respect.
    Noven likes this.
  5. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

I think 23rd preseason is about right at this point.
    cmmashb1234 and PokeMatt like this.
  6. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Wrangler

I think TCU is way too high. I see them more as a fringe top 25 or even unranked. WVU seems about right. I still think both teams will struggle with the week in week out competition.
    Jonathangpark likes this.
  7. ATXCowboy

A/V Subscriber ATXCowboy Like a Boss

Oh well...At least he has us in the top 25.
  8. PlatypusJojo

A/V Subscriber PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Right along the lines of how I think we'll do this season.
  9. Philranger

Philranger Wrangler

I think a lot of people are putting a whole bunch of stock in WVU's beat down of Clemson. Let's not forget that this is the same WVU team that got pounded by 5-7 Syracuse and barely beat 6-7 Pitt, 5-7 South Florida, and 2-10 Maryland. They also got beat by 7-6 Louisville.
  10. Jonathangpark

Jonathangpark Wrangler

Not buying this TCU & WVU top 15 crap. Sorry, but these teams are going to have to prove themselves in a big time conference before I'm buying the hype that they can compete every week. We've seen that they can show up for a few big games a year but it's a totally different game when you have to show up every single Saturday with your "A" Game.

Feel free to feed me a nice helping of this comment if I'm wrong but I don't think I will be. I believe everyone is jumping the gun with these two teams moving right into powerhouse positions.
    Orangendn and tobrien080808 like this.
  11. internationalaw

A/V Subscriber internationalaw Not 1, Not 2.....

Justin Gilbert isn't a key returnee?
    Orangendn likes this.
  12. Philranger

Philranger Wrangler

13. ksupoke

A/V Subscriber ksupoke I've never studied a HS recruits tape

Alright let's see how many of you get this.
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    metallicajake likes this.
  14. Noven

A/V Subscriber Noven Devil Incarnate

Funny isn't it? Since just the other day SI wrote that JG could be the #14 pick in 2013.
  15. fig96

fig96 Wrangler

Very much agreed though I think WVU might be a bit high. I think they probably end up top 25 but we'll have to see how they do every week.
    Jonathangpark likes this.
  16. cowboycurt

cowboycurt Wrangler

I think that's about where we will start and end up. I'll be happy if we are higher ranked than that by the end of the season.

Hopefully if TCU and WVU are overrated, we can capitalize on those inflated rankings!
    It will be very tough to beat OU in Norman next year even if we happen to win out the rest.

Texas, WVU, and TCU at home will surely help us. The K-STATE game away will be brutal but I think we can maybe get out of there with a win.

Starting off the season strong is important. We need to get Lunt as ready as he can be for Big 12 football.

I can definitely see us getting an at-large bid next year if Wes Lunt plays good. It'll be hard to take the conference.
  17. CampusCowboy

CampusCowboy Cowboy

Of course WVU and TCU are high, but this is a good thing. It only helps the perception of the Big XII.

It just helps us move up faster when we beat them. ;)
  18. fig96

fig96 Wrangler

I think you're really, REALLY optimistic there. I don't care how talented the kid is (and I know very little about him) but it's a huge jump to adjust from the high school game to the college game and especially to do it at a high level. (You also have to replace a few very big pieces on offense.)

He's going to have some growing pains and most likely make some dumb freshman mistakes. I'd wager your "that's where we'll start and end up" approximation is a lot more accurate :)
  19. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Wrangler

I've always thought SI treated us the fairest with regards to national media. They were our biggest advocate last year to avoid a rematch.

With that being said, I think 20-25 is an accurate assessment of us.
  20. PokeMatt

PokeMatt Greenhorn

It sounds like a lot but most of the 'experts' seem to think that OSU will win 8 or 9 games this season. 10 wins would be enough to get an at-large bid, that's not too much of a stretch according to the predictions.