1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Austin Hay will most likely play this year

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by cowboyethics344, Aug 16, 2012.

1. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Cowboy

According to the minute nature of his injury
  2. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

So no coach or reporter has said that he will be back then? Okay.
  3. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Cowboy

No, but coach Gundy doesn't talk about injuries with the public. So, you can't say he won't be back.
  4. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

I didn't say that. But what has been reported last week was that he was out for at least 2 or 3 weeks. If that was true than it's more than likely that he'll just start practicing again the week after the 1st game. Even if he's back before than it wouldn't surprise me to see him held out of the home opener because we don't need him to win and there is no point in risking further injury. Either way he's going to be behind the other wideouts and it's pretty unlikely he'll lead the entire team in any catagory.
  5. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.

The injury reports from last week that said he'd be out two to three weeks. My guess for worst case scenario is he doesn't play the first game, but will see time against Arizona.
  6. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Cowboy

Weeden sure thought a lot of the guy!
  7. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

I think Carr can be great..... but that's not the point. The point is that for 3 weeks the other receivers and Lunt are developing chemistry and getting rep after rep after rep while Carr is sitting on the sidelines with an injury. He's going to be behind the 8 ball in a big way and probably even more so if he misses the first actual game. Combine that with the fact that some of the other receivers like T. Moore, Stewart and C. Moore bring not only a ton of talent but experience and are injury free (knock on wood).... it will be very unlikely that Carr is our leading receiver after the season is over.
  8. the truth

the truth Deputy

I went to the Extreme Camp a few weeks back. I don't have any idea when Carr will return. But of all the receivers I saw while there for 3 days the most athletically gifted was Carr. He's a stud. I don't know if or when the light will come on as a receiver but if it does? Good gosh he's an impressive physical specimen.
    AndrewOKST likes this.
  9. internationalaw

A/V Subscriber internationalaw Not 1, Not 2.....

Best thing about this, Carr is only a FRESHMAN!!! HAHAHA LOVE IT
  10. Purplehorn3

Purplehorn3 Wrangler

Ok, I will chime in.

I am not saying Austin was "underappreciated" by anyone on this board, but just in general. He is a special kind of athlete..made Honorable Mention All-State in football and 2nd Team All-State in baseball ( LHP). He is also smart..could have been at an Ivy League school. I know I speak for my brother and his family that we are VERY appreicative for Coach Gundy and Monoken taking a chance on him. He has made some good friends up there so far and loves Stillwater.

I hope he continues to make good impressions on the OSU fanbase.
  11. malpoke

malpoke Wrangler

This!

" He has made some good friends up there so far and loves Stillwater."

He is a winner already!

Players like this is what glue the team together. ....surely a keeper.
  12. Purplehorn3

Purplehorn3 Wrangler

Thanks. I know he is rooming with Curry, Seals and Webb and seems to be enjoying their company.
  13. WiseOldNewPoke

WiseOldNewPoke Wrangler

Uncle purple, I know a lot of coaches around Texas and I've heard from many that said he was the best offensive skill guy in that region. And getting hurt his junior year cost him dozens of D1 offers his senior year. I saw somewhere where Monken said he liked him the first time he saw him. Monken saw an athlete and he got him. So OSU didn't take a chance on him, they just out hustled the other schools and we have Monken to thank for that. My hope is your nephew makes everyone forget about Addison and Allen. Good luck to your nephew.
  14. internationalaw

Who was the QB for Hays' team last year? Did he graduate/where did he go?
  15. internationalaw

Trevor Knight is his name and he went to OU....****! That kid has one helluva cannon for an arm
  16. Anaranjado

A/V Subscriber Anaranjado Shaolin Style

barely beat me to it. its a shame he went to ou. gives bedlam games in the future a storyline.
  17. OrsonModesto

OrsonModesto Wrangler

Right on, thanks for chiming in. My "underappreciated" comment was only geared towards recruiting pundits, and the sort. (We, on this board, are far too smart to buy into "star-gazing," and all that other recruiting hooplah and jibberish.) I think with you sharing to us all of Austin's talents, we realized that he will make a great addition to the team, as he obviously already has.
  18. GoPokes12

GoPokes12 Wrangler

Not sure if serious..
  19. internationalaw

I could see him leading in REC next year and even the following year, but I just don't see it this year considering he's not even a starter....

As of today, the only true possibilities are T. Moore, B Jackson, Stewart or Anderson.
  20. GoPokes12

GoPokes12 Wrangler

Yeah.. but I don't think he'll pass B Jackson for a starting spot in 2013 either..