Baylor suspending all football activities...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
The Baylor football program announced Thursday that it is suspending all football-related activities as a precautionary measure to "allow for further evaluation of recent positive tests and the completion of close contact tracing."

"At this time and in the interest of our student-athletes, coaches, and staff, we have temporarily suspended all football-related activities. Their health and wellness will always be our top priority," Baylor athletic director Mack Rhoades said in a statement. "We are taking all possible precautions and our focus remains playing the scheduled game with Oklahoma State at McLane Stadium on Oct. 17."

The Bears are off this week before their scheduled meeting with Oklahoma State next week. Baylor has already dealt with two canceled games this season because of the pandemic. Baylor's originally scheduled season-opener with Louisiana Tech, slated for Sept. 19, was postponed as the Bulldogs dealt with an outbreak of the virus. Baylor quickly agreed to a game with Houston instead, but that was postponed after the Bears failed to meet the Big 12's minimum COVID-19 thresholds.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...es-because-of-positive-covid-19-test-results/

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
14 days
Contact tracing
Include players out for injury or punishment

..... very easy to not play a game if you don’t want to

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
I agree, just saying Baylor is not the only one having outbreaks. They are so far though the only ones to whine and cry and not play over it as you pointed out. Of course maybe KSU should have done the same since they lost that game...
My irrational, visceral hatred for that “learning institution” will never allow me to view anything they do through an objective lens. Baylor needs to just not exist

their new stadium/facilities and any success they have was built on the back of Art Briles.

Nov 18, 2010
Contact tracing of "asymptomatic carriers" means literally everyone, everywhere in the world can be quarantined without being sick.

But whatever...as long as they show up for the football game.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
My irrational, visceral hatred for that “learning institution” will never allow me to view anything they do through an objective lens. Baylor needs to just not exist their new stadium/facilities and any success they have was built on the back of Art Briles.
Actually built on the backs of Houston Astros. Dip S#$% Drayton McLane traded off all the good players and sold the team right after that. That money went into building the toilet seat stadium. The new owner, Jim Crane, sued the Dip S#$% after paying $600M+ for the team, stating the TV contract was misrepresented. It was set up where if you didn't have comcast cable you couldn't watch the team. Seems like the baylorites have always been pretty conniving.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I would think it being a home game in Wacko, Tx and Homecoming, Rapelor would really want to get to play this game.

Of course, being 2020, not sure how "Homecoming" would even be worth having. It would be in name only.