Bedlam Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 28, 2010
Don't pretend like OU and OSU's realistic goals going into every football season aren't the same these days. OU has been better overall, but no recruits were even born yet the last time OU won a national championship. You're not Alabama.
I'm sure they both have the same overall goal, but the playoffs aren't really 'realistic' goals for osu at this point. Maybe last year but they blew their load and i'm not sure they have a qb on campus who can get them to that level again anytime soon. Especially since you guys struck gold with a bad ass wr, rb and qb combination which doesnt happen often.

Do you follow recruiting? I do. And Riley is recruiting better now than IMO Stoops ever has. Or at the very least, he's recruiting now at the highest level Stoops ever recruited. Remember how OU went on a 8 year run in the bedlam series, with 5 blowouts? That was right smack in the midst the best recruiting of Stoops' career and this is the same level that Riley is at now, if not higher. He seems to be really getting to those recruits and getting top 5 top 10 classes. osu is still hanging around the 30s. The separation will be noticeable.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I'm sure they both have the same overall goal, but the playoffs aren't really 'realistic' goals for osu at this point. Maybe last year but they blew their load and i'm not sure they have a qb on campus who can get them to that level again anytime soon. Especially since you guys struck gold with a bad ass wr, rb and qb combination which doesnt happen often.

Do you follow recruiting? I do. And Riley is recruiting better now than IMO Stoops ever has. Or at the very least, he's recruiting now at the highest level Stoops ever recruited. Remember how OU went on a 8 year run in the bedlam series, with 5 blowouts? That was right smack in the midst the best recruiting of Stoops' career and this is the same level that Riley is at now, if not higher. He seems to be really getting to those recruits and getting top 5 top 10 classes. osu is still hanging around the 30s. The separation will be noticeable.
Hey look, a Sooner trying to turn a baseball thread into a football thread. Shocked.
Since you mentioned it, OU football this millennium has been the epitome of underachievement vs. expectations.
But anyway, how about OSU's chances of wrapping up the Big 12 Baseball Championship this weekend!?

Hey look, a Sooner trying to turn a baseball thread into a football thread. Shocked.
Since you mentioned it, OU football this millennium has been the epitome of underachievement vs. expectations.
But anyway, how about OSU's chances of wrapping up the Big 12 Baseball Championship this weekend!?

Actually (keeping the baseball flavor in this thread, it's about baseball, right?) OU baseball might win that argument, rather than football. 2015, they tie a program record with 11 MLB draft picks, and yet STILL find a way to miss the NCAA Tournament.

OU's baseball program's history is something to be proud of, but yet your casual Sooner fan doesn't even want to talk about it. Because they know if they do, then they have to acknowledge the Cowboy Baseball Program's accomplishments.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
That's as funny as a poke trying to turn a football thread into a wrestling thread.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO

BASEBALL

7 game Bedlam win streak pushing the all time series record to 161-138 over the Sooners.

Coach Holliday is 20-6 as a head coach vs OU.

This year’s scoreboard reads 34-4!

OU sucks

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
You're the only sooner in here waving the all sports flags. The rest of your pals are quoted in here not giving a damn about and bedowngrading many sports aside from football. You're a rare breed.
Thanks Whit, I think you're the only one smart enough to see that most all of my comments are tongue in cheek. Fun talking with you guys, well most of you.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Winning a lot of games is on my standards list. We've done a good job at that.
Oh, so since Boise st has had the most wins in the country since 2000, you must really hold that program in the highest regard. Hey you guys could elevate yourselves to the level of boise state with all those wins.

Well you know how awesome baseball threads are. Throw a little football in there to make it somewhat interesting.

Since 2000 they have a .812 winning percentage, which is 3rd to ohio state and boise state. I'd say OU football this millennium has been the epitome consistency. Must be something to it, if recruiting has anything to say about things, OU is a hot commodity.

Yeah they could win the conference this weekend. Pretty awesome. I havent seen a single big 12 baseball game since 2004 though, so i'm not in the loop. But if you are a big fan, woooo, woooooo wooo!! big 12 champs!! so it would be awesome for you if they win.

Actually (keeping the baseball flavor in this thread, it's about baseball, right?) OU baseball might win that argument, rather than football. 2015, they tie a program record with 11 MLB draft picks, and yet STILL find a way to miss the NCAA Tournament.

OU's baseball program's history is something to be proud of, but yet your casual Sooner fan doesn't even want to talk about it. Because they know if they do, then they have to acknowledge the Cowboy Baseball Program's accomplishments.
It's mostly due to not caring a lot about the sport. its funny that you think we dont care about college baseball because we dont want to acknowledge osu's accomplishments. why would we care about osu accomplishments? why would that even be a reason? that's retarded as hell, rivals are what makes sports fun, not why we refuse to support it. baseball just isnt as interesting or fun to watch as some other sports, that's all it is. Not quit as bad as golf, hockey, soccer, and wrestling though, snoozefest galore.

BASEBALL

7 game Bedlam win streak pushing the all time series record to 161-138 over the Sooners.

Coach Holliday is 20-6 as a head coach vs OU.

This year’s scoreboard reads 34-4!

OU sucks
Awesome. Is that who the OU coach is this year? I heard cochell was fired a while back, that's the last coach I remember. Sounds like osu has played good offense against them this year. rock on.

I thought that was all that was played down there since that is who Blevins puts on TV all the time.
who?

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Oh, so since Boise st has had the most wins in the country since 2000, you must really hold that program in the highest regard. Hey you guys could elevate yourselves to the level of boise state with all those wins.
Winning a lot of game is probably on Boise State's standards list just like it is OSU's and even OU's. You typically want to win a lot of games. So, like Boise State, we're winning a lot of games, but we're doing it in a P5 conference. There's a big difference.

Well you know how awesome baseball threads are. Throw a little football in there to make it somewhat interesting.

Since 2000 they have a .812 winning percentage, which is 3rd to ohio state and boise state. I'd say OU football this millennium has been the epitome consistency. Must be something to it, if recruiting has anything to say about things, OU is a hot commodity.

Yeah they could win the conference this weekend. Pretty awesome. I havent seen a single big 12 baseball game since 2004 though, so i'm not in the loop. But if you are a big fan, woooo, woooooo wooo!! big 12 champs!! so it would be awesome for you if they win.

1. It's mostly due to not caring a lot about the sport. its funny that you think we dont care about college baseball because we dont want to acknowledge osu's accomplishments. 2. why would we care about osu accomplishments? why would that even be a reason? that's retarded as hell, rivals are what makes sports fun, not why we refuse to support it. baseball just isnt as interesting or fun to watch as some other sports, that's all it is. Not quit as bad as golf, hockey, soccer, and wrestling though, snoozefest galore.

Awesome. Is that who the OU coach is this year? I heard cochell was fired a while back, that's the last coach I remember. Sounds like osu has played good offense against them this year. rock on.

who?

1. So, why are you posting in a thread devoted to this (amazing, cerebral, & incredibly fun to follow) sport???

2. So, why are you posting in a thread devoted to the Cowboys' accomplishments in Bedlam Baseball (an amazing, cerebral, & incredibly fun sport to follow) this season?

Yeah...... you care LOL.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Winning a lot of game is probably on Boise State's standards list just like it is OSU's and even OU's. You typically want to win a lot of games. So, like Boise State, we're winning a lot of games, but we're doing it in a P5 conference. There's a big difference.
Meh. winning a lot of games is not the standard, it's one of them. It really matter what games you are winning and what games you are playing in too. It's why boise st is who they are despite their winning percentage. So yes osu is winning a lot of games, but they arent winning the right ones. There's a big difference.

1. So, why are you posting in a thread devoted to this (amazing, cerebral, & incredibly fun to follow) sport???

2. So, why are you posting in a thread devoted to the Cowboys' accomplishments in Bedlam Baseball (an amazing, cerebral, & incredibly fun sport to follow) this season?

Yeah...... you care LOL.
1. Cause I can.
2. Cause I can