Big-10 To play football...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
While I welcome this decision, what do you guys think about them being allowed to compete in the championship when they will clearly have less games played by that time? Wish they were practicing and would be able to start by next weekend and we wouldn't have this issue.

My solution...
Add four more teams to the playoff in this odd year.

What is yours?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How bad does the PAC 12 look these days...It's a sad state of things out West. Loved seeing BYU basically open the season out west a few weeks ago while the rest of the region cowers in fear and loathing. Is this the death nail in the PAC 12 that has been in decline for nearly a decade?

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So, how does the BIG return to playing impact OSU ?

Guess there's a high probability that they take one of the 4 CFP spots- but that's on our high-end wish list.

Mostly they'll show up again in the Top 25 rankings. But when ? Will they keep a 0-0-tOSU ahead of a bunch of teams that are 5-0 ?

So many other questions !

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
It will be interesting to see how the Committee will view the BIG teams with their 8 games vs ACC 11.

(assuming they even get in 8 games)

Jul 31, 2008
Rack noted in the other thread that it would be great for College Football if they took this opportunity of unequal # of games, etc. to go to an 8 team playoff so make sure we get the best teams into the Playoffs since this year has more uncertainty.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
How bad does the PAC 12 look these days...It's a sad state of things out West. Loved seeing BYU basically open the season out west a few weeks ago while the rest of the region cowers in fear and loathing. Is this the death nail in the PAC 12 that has been in decline for nearly a decade?
I don't really care much about the Pac, but I'm not inclined to judge them for not moving forward withe B1G. The air quality is so bad now that they don't have the option to practice/play just based on that development.
You may be right and covid decisions will alter their level of involvement on football/sports., but the fires are a more urgent concern in those states right now.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Listening to xm sports this morning and they were already arguing to postpone the CFP to give the big 10 some wiggle room to get more games in. I say no. The rest of us shouldn't have to wait on the big 10.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You have to keep in mind, 6 of their schools states' had restrictions on contact practices until Tuesday.

Word is that PAC12 FB will be back by Halloween, along with the MAC. Votes expected today.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Listening to xm sports this morning and they were already arguing to postpone the CFP to give the big 10 some wiggle room to get more games in. I say no. The rest of us shouldn't have to wait on the big 10.
Isn't anyone arguing just to expand the playoff now? That's the logical fix.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I don't really care much about the Pac, but I'm not inclined to judge them for not moving forward withe B1G. The air quality is so bad now that they don't have the option to practice/play just based on that development.
You may be right and covid decisions will alter their level of involvement on football/sports., but the fires are a more urgent concern in those states right now.
Rain and higher humidity should hopefully help in huge ways today in California and Oregon. Oregon is getting soaking rain right now, but good news isn't click worthy so you won't hear about it. fires in that state will be out very soon. Once the fires go out with rain and wind and currents air quality improves fast. Will have to keep an eye on that. Take a look at some of the live cams around the PAC 12 states. Btw, Washington has no fires. The areas that did are much better than a few days ago already. Plus all these schools have indoor practice facilities anyway.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Rain and higher humidity should hopefully help in huge ways today in California and Oregon. Oregon is getting soaking rain right now, but good news isn't click worthy so you won't hear about it. fires in that state will be out very soon. Once the fires go out with rain and wind and currents air quality improves fast. Will have to keep an eye on that. Take a look at some of the live cams around the PAC 12 states. Btw, Washington has no fires. The areas that did are much better than a few days ago already. Plus all these schools have indoor practice facilities anyway.
Not going to argue with you..."brick walls" and whatnot...but Oregon is more than the I5 corridor in regards to your rain forecast.

As for Washington (and Idaho, and British Columbia),

https://arcg.is/1vr8z8 (Current wildfire map)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Not going to argue with you..."brick walls" and whatnot...but Oregon is more than the I5 corridor in regards to your rain forecast.

As for Washington (and Idaho, and British Columbia),

https://arcg.is/1vr8z8 (Current wildfire map)

I agree that east of the Cascades needs it worse than west...my hope is rain occurs there as well. I was indeed to simplistic in my thoughts on the rain, but it should help a bunch. Some good moisture is coming in right now. Btw, that's a cool map, but please note that the fires are outlined as the full extent that they reached not necessarily their current size of extent, that is marked in the brighter and more filled in red. Cal fire has a cool graphic that shows where active fire is as well as burn scar, I'll try to find it and post it for you because it's pretty dang cool.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/fullscreenmaps/Portland, Oregon/we-city?iso=US&el=rPWWjrie8E9d9MfvQXssgg==&maptype=radar&mapsubtype=observation
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...-more-evacuations/ar-BB19aDx6?ocid=spartanntp

Last edited: