Big 12 Tournament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Prior page in this thread says Boyd's world has us projected as the #6 overall seed right now.
And only .003 behind East Carolina for #5. A lot could still happen but no one compares to this team since the end of April. If a strong finish is what the committee wants they’re isn’t much better out there.

Regional is locked.

Top 8 seed is still up in the air but have to think a Big 12 tournament title would lock that too. Possibly just getting to the championship game might as well. RPI’s 5-10 are bouncing around a lot this week.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
And only .003 behind East Carolina for #5. A lot could still happen but no one compares to this team since the end of April. If a strong finish is what the committee wants they’re isn’t much better out there.

Regional is locked.

Top 8 seed is still up in the air but have to think a Big 12 tournament title would lock that too. Possibly just getting to the championship game might as well. RPI’s 5-10 are bouncing around a lot this week.
I like it when the conference tournaments actually matter to teams at the top.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
With all the flooding in Stillwater and Oklahoma would this prevent us having the Regional? Could we be the host, but play at a different ball park due to the massive city wide flooding in Stillwater. Seems that we were the Host one year, but we played in Baum field in Fayetteville that year.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
With all the flooding in Stillwater and Oklahoma would this prevent us having the Regional? Could we be the host, but play at a different ball park due to the massive city wide flooding in Stillwater. Seems that we were the Host one year, but we played in Baum field in Fayetteville that year.
Slowpoke, I mean pokesalad, the flooding doesn’t impact hotels, eateries, or the ballpark. No need for drama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2008

https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=661300.0

2006 Fayetteville Regional Arkansas vs ORU in the 1st round.
« on: May 28, 2018, 02:36:27 pm »

June 2nd 2006. ORU wins 4-3 in 11 innings.

The Razorbacks hosted as a number 2 seed because top seeded Oklahoma St. could not host due to a lack of available hotel rooms in Stillwater that weekend.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=661300.0

2006 Fayetteville Regional Arkansas vs ORU in the 1st round.
« on: May 28, 2018, 02:36:27 pm »

June 2nd 2006. ORU wins 4-3 in 11 innings.

The Razorbacks hosted as a number 2 seed because top seeded Oklahoma St. could not host due to a lack of available hotel rooms in Stillwater that weekend.
Had nothing to do with flooding at all. State 4H conference was in Stillwater that week & booked well in advance.

Stillwater's also added a considerable amount of hotel capacity since '06.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Jordy Mercer was the best player on those teams. Mach and Brown, despite hitting HR in college could not do it with wooden bats at the next level. Wasn't’ Rebel Ridling on that team? We were loaded and should have gone to Omaha that year.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
Jordy Mercer was the best player on those teams. Mach and Brown, despite hitting HR in college could not do it with wooden bats at the next level. Wasn't’ Rebel Ridling on that team? We were loaded and should have gone to Omaha that year.
I've always wondered, why do the keep tinkering with the liveliness of these aluminum bats to get the desired results instead of just moving the college guys to wood?? Just seems ridiculous all the back and forth.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I've always wondered, why do the keep tinkering with the liveliness of these aluminum bats to get the desired results instead of just moving the college guys to wood?? Just seems ridiculous all the back and forth.
$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk