Big 12 Tournament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Don’t like that idea. A bad team with one ace would have great chance of beating the top seed.
A good team has to have a deep pitching staff. The current format rewards that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence the play in game.

The current format also rewards certain teams for flaming out early and not trying to win, the reward being more rest for your top arms going into the NCAA Tournament. It doesn’t always promote great baseball. Some coaches hate the conference tournaments. I think a single elimination format would get rid of those particular feelings.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
6-3 TT Top of 6th.

People at the ball park are indicating the Stillwater Regional is being rumored to be held in OKC at Bricktown due to flooding at APR field in Stillwater.

Apparently APR is a mess and rain last night and expected for tonight will make it worse. Not confirmed yet, but this is an being rumored.

Last edited:

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
6-3 TT Top of 6th.

People at the ball park are indicating the Stillwater Regional is being rumored to be held in OKC at Bricktown due to flooding at APR field in Stillwater.

Apparently APR is a mess and rain last night and expected for tonight will make it worse. Not confirmed yet, but this is an being rumored.
Could certainly understand that but what a shame in its final year Allie P couldn’t host one last regional.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
When they move the Big 12 tournament games to the new Globe Life Park in Arlington, it will be nice having the retractable roof so no rain or weather delays. This could be next year or 2021 if the park doesn’t open in 2020.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2014
If they couldn't play in Stillwater due to flooding, Tulsa is a much better option then OKC. There's always big orange crowds for Bedlam in Tulsa and the park is a little smaller. The Drillers are on the road next weekend, so it could work.

PistolPete'sMustache

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
They should play one bracket in OKC the other simultaneously in Tulsa. Ideally the championship game would rotate but OKC would likely always host the title game.

Arlington would be terrible. The metroplex doesn’t care and the town sucks. Traffic from interesting parts of the area is terrible (I have a similar rant for them rebuilding the park there and not moving to Dallas but for another day). Just not fan friendly at all. A 40,000 seat stadium with 1000 fans is just awful.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
They should play one bracket in OKC the other simultaneously in Tulsa. Ideally the championship game would rotate but OKC would likely always host the title game.

Arlington would be terrible. The metroplex doesn’t care and the town sucks. Traffic from interesting parts of the area is terrible (I have a similar rant for them rebuilding the park there and not moving to Dallas but for another day). Just not fan friendly at all. A 40,000 seat stadium with 1000 fans is just awful.
I thought this was the last year for OKC baseball tournament and the plan was to move to Arlington were they have a retractable roof for rain games. I believe the new ball park will be multiple purpose with XFL games in it.

PistolPete'sMustache

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK

I thought this was the last year for OKC baseball tournament and the plan was to move to Arlington were they have a retractable roof for rain games. I believe the new ball park will be multiple purpose with XFL games in it.
Ugh. So stupid. I really wish Arlington would fall into a sink hole.