1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Blake Griffin Dunk

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by PrincetonPoke23, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Cowboys11

Cowboys11 Wrangler

I'm laughing at all those criticizing this dunk (and it was a dunk). If you want to know how special it was, go read the Twitter accounts of Lebron, Dirk, etc. It's not just Sportscenter guys saying it.
  2. Lab Rat

Lab Rat Wrangler

Chris Paul was unstoppable and caught Wesbrook on his heels at least a dozen times. I love Russ, but Paul owned him last night. Russ played OK offensively (although 4 assists and 6 TOs is embarrassing), but Paul (26 points, 12-16 fg, 2-3 3pt, 14 assists, 2 TOs) was otherwordly.

Additionally, this game showed us the tremendous value of Sefolosha. Harden was horrible all night on both sides of the ball. Perhaps his worst performance of the season, and I don't think it was coincidental that he had to start in place of Thabo. We desperately missed Thabo's defense on Billups and/or Butler and Harden never got started offensively.

Finally, the defense was atrocious, and everyone is to blame. Russ and Serge were particularly bad on pick-and-rolls, including on Blake's dunk. The Clippers occasionally used a 3-guard lineup (Paul, Mo Williams, Billups) that resembled what the Nuggets (Lawson, Felton, JR Smith) did to us last year in the playoffs. Last year, we defended the Nuggets guards with Westbrook, Maynor, and Sefolosha playing tight perimeter defense. But, without Mayor or Thabo, we had no chance to stop the Clippers.
  3. cowpoke20

cowpoke20 Wrangler

It was cool looking but by no means was that a dunk. He threw the ball hard into the hoop. No hand to rim contact was made. Cool yes, dunk...not at all!
    stonewallpoke likes this.
  4. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

Well, then I'm laughing at you. I didn't really think it was a dunk last night, and after watching it a thousand times, it sure as hell wasn't a dunk.

Was it athletic? Hell yeah it was. But he didn't dunk it. He threw it into the hoop. Hell, he does that on most of his "dunks".
  5. Redhawk

A/V Subscriber Redhawk Alright, Alright, Alright

I agree. When Blake was at the top of his jump it looked the ball was a couple feet above the rim, but it wasn't a dunk, in the fact that he didn't put the ball in the hoop. It was extremely impressive, but he threw it into the hoop. I'd still take the Lebron dunk over this one.
    O-statecowboy likes this.
  6. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Cowboy

Now this is a rim-level DUNK.

I still think Blake's dunk was still a dunk though. He actually touched the rim, unlike Dwight Howard's dunk at the contest a few years ago.

....and yes, I just quoted myself....
  7. OSUspears12

OSUspears12 Wrangler

Am I the only one who saw Blake use his left arm to grab Perkins? He kind of jumped up and used Perk to pull himself torwards the basket!

Markel Brown dunks way more impressive in my opinion.
  8. PokeVille

A/V Subscriber PokeVille .

Offensive Foul...no basket. Thunder Ball.
  9. Cowboys11

Cowboys11 Wrangler

His hand touched the rim.
  10. Cowboys11

Cowboys11 Wrangler

Please. In no way was that even close to an offensive foul.
  11. Cowboys11

Cowboys11 Wrangler

Totally agree with this.
  12. OSUspears12

OSUspears12 Wrangler

Looked like an offensive foul to me too.
  13. Cowboys11

Cowboys11 Wrangler

How is that possibly an offensive foul? Perkins was late getting there. He wasn't set. He was jumping. Perkins used both hands to shove Griffin in the chest.
  14. OSUspears12

OSUspears12 Wrangler

You couldn't really see it from the live view, but from the view behind the basket (where the ref was) it looked like Blake used his left arm to grab Perkins and help propel himself torwards the basket.
  15. cowpoke20

cowpoke20 Wrangler

You must be watching the wrong highlight because his hand failed to touch the rim. Maybe his pinky grazed it but my pinky can graze the rim as well but can I dunk...not a chance in hell.
  16. Cowboys11

Cowboys11 Wrangler

His fingers touched the rim. Even Blake said that. Watch his interview with JA Adande after the game.
  17. Cowboys11

Cowboys11 Wrangler

Perkins was late getting there. He shoved Griffin with two hands. There's no way that's ever going to be an offensive foul.
    cowpoke20 likes this.
  18. Carneyman14

A/V Subscriber Carneyman14 A little squirt gun action for your satisfaction

Markel Brown says suck it Blake this is how you throw down

OSUspears12 likes this.