1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boat Ideas

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors' started by Boomer....., Aug 4, 2011.

1. RoVerto Solo

RoVerto Solo Banned Banned

I believe the magical length for a boat that is put on Lake Texhoma is at least 24 ft. to properly handle those big waves.

Shorter than that can be kidney killers.

OSU Sig likes this.
  2. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Sheriff

I've been on Texhoma in a tiny seadoo boat. Don't talk to me about brutal! :D

We definitely want something that looks nice and wont have us wanting to upgrade in a year or two. I want a good enough brand, decent enough length, and big enough motor that we can enjoy it for years.

3. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

Have you checked the local marina's for what they see the most of? It might give you a short list to work with.

4. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Sheriff

I haven't. I've been to one dealer but of course they are going to sway you to the brands they sell. It's still early in the hunt but I'll check it out.

5. okstate0303

okstate0303 Sheriff

Kind of partial to Glastrons. Been very satisfied, but expensive.

6. Huffer632

Huffer632 Greenhorn

Like others have said, spend as much as you can afford to. Another thing to think about is storage. Will you be able to keep it in your garage? A boat that is kept indoors keeps a lot better than one that sits under a cover outside in my opinion. If you think that you are going to be going out to the lake and hanging out, drinking beers and looking a pretty ladies, then I would say that a pontoon, or tri toon would be the way to go. You can get those with big enough motors that wakeboarding and tubing behind them is no issue. I have even seen tri toons with two guys barefooting behind it! If you think there is a change that you might get into the whole wakeboading thing, and want to have a tower and a booming stereo, do not get a bow rider. Get an open bow V drive. You can get them anywhere from 20 to 24 feet. You should be able find a good used one with anywhere from 300 to 500 hours in your price range if you look long and hard. With a V drive you can also wake surf, which I think is the most fun thing to do behind a boat. Everyone that I know that has gotten a bow rider has sold it for a V drive.