Cade Cunningham sticking with the Pokes

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 14, 2011
This is amazing news! Definitely needed with all the garbage over the past few weeks.

Hopefully Yor reconsiders!!

RAGMAN

Greenhorn
Jan 7, 2020
Edmond, OK
The lawyers for OSU have submitted their arguments and felt generally good about same. You have to wonder why the bureaucracy of the NCAA would not want to see the number one pick in the next draft play on the dance. I know that history suggests there is only a small chance on appeal but this cannot hurt.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Everyone is tired of the roster turnover every year, and with the post season ban, I expected a large exodus. I honestly can’t believe Boyton kept this roster and recruiting class together! These players love our coach, and we need to support the program next year.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Let’s not get carried away. I’d guess it means we’re gonna fight the appeal and worst case scenario we tie it up in the courts to push any penalties until after the season.
I agree. The timing of his announcement Monday morning after the appeal deadline leads me to think the same thing.

Dec 17, 2011
We have one heck of a coach. Its great to see players rally behind him, this will boost our recruiting for the future. Thank you Boyton, OSU is very lucky to have you.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
The lawyers for OSU have submitted their arguments and felt generally good about same. You have to wonder why the bureaucracy of the NCAA would not want to see the number one pick in the next draft play on the dance. I know that history suggests there is only a small chance on appeal but this cannot hurt.
They probably do want to see him in the dance, just on another team.

RAGMAN

Greenhorn
Jan 7, 2020
Edmond, OK
They probably do want to see him in the dance, just on another team.
I agree with the original premise that they thought the ban would cause us to lose most of our recruits and they could suggest that their power to control the perceived cheating had worked. However, even if that is correct the bottom line with the NCAA is always the bureaucracy and they are only hurting themselves from a dollar standpoint if they persist in the absurdity of this decision. Unfortunately, I had to deal with bureaucratic idiots my entire career and they are inherently ill informed.