1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by El Gato Bandito, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Lafferty Daniel

Lafferty Daniel Sheriff A/V Subscriber

Pretty awesome so far. I haven't touched the campaign or zombies yet, but the multiplayer is so much better than MW2 it's not even close. The maps are better, it takes longer to kill someone (which I like), the new game types are AWESOME. My favorite is the gun game (you start out with pistol and move up to a different gun after every kill, first one to kill someone with all the guns wins). Also, the killstreaks are more balanced. First, one killstreak doesn't count towards the other. For instance, if you get three kills, then kill someone with the RC car (a reward for three kills in a row), that doesn't count as your fourth kill in a row. This makes it harder on the "campers" to rack up kills so they can eventually get to the chopper gunner, etc. I love it.

It is also the most in depth multiplayer.....ever. There are so many ways to customize your guns, killstreaks, perks, etc. Also, the leaderboards are more in depth and you can sort by each game type. You also have to buy your upgrades, new guns, killstreaks. I like this aspect too.

So far, it's pretty damn good!

2. dds115

dds115 Free Roverto!!! A/V Subscriber

Alright... going to go get this on my lunch break. I'm excited for the gun game, and the one bullet.

3. klw1042

klw1042 Cowboy

ProV,

Since it's Treyarch, does the multiplayer have a similar "feel" of COD: World at War?

4. dds115

I went to get it... will be trying it out on my lunch break. I'm pretty excited.

5. El Gato Bandito

El Gato Bandito Ballin' on a Budget A/V Subscriber

Good luck going back to work. Food poisoning is a good one to use. :D

6. dds115

Well I work from home, so..... my state mandated breaks may be filled with COD. :D

7. Lafferty Daniel

Lafferty Daniel Sheriff A/V Subscriber

No. Not at all. I didn't like WaW. I think because of the "feel" to it. I wasn't crazy about it. This one obviously has a different feel to it, mostly due to the different fonts that are used (like for the "Match begins in:" that plays before each match).

I think I understand what "feel" you're talking about. Like how WaW seemed wimpy. When you would shoot it wasn't very powerful, at least it seemed that way.

And it doesn't seem like Treyarch produced it. I mean that in a way that before, Treyarch COD games were kind of crappy. They didn't seemed very polished. This one is. At least everything that I've played so far is.

There was some issue with the servers (mainly a little lag) but that is to be expected on the first day with so many people playing and trying to work out the bugs. Other than that, everything so far is good!

8. El Gato Bandito

[​IMG]

9. dds115

Having a hard time getting into a game on multi-player.. arg.

10. El Gato Bandito

hmm, I have played a handful of games over the last two nights and haven't had any issues. Playstation Network or XBL?

11. dds115

XBL. I just sit in the "Core" group waiting for 5 more players. Just chillin' all by my lonesome.

12. PCpoke83

PCpoke83 Master of Puppets A/V Subscriber

I've been wrecking fools in multi-player. My K/D ratio is 1.62.

13. pokelahoman

pokelahoman Keeper of the Cursive Script A/V Subscriber

Haha nice. I am getting it tomorrow. I usually struggle on multiplayer for a day or so but I practiced up on MW2 a little last week and did well, so I hope that helps. We need to get some Orangepower teams going against some people sometime.

14. dds115

Impressive. I've been doing decent, I bet I'm right around 1 for my K/D. I feel like the guns you start out with in Black Ops are worse than the ones you started with in MW2, but maybe that is just me.

15. El Gato Bandito

Yeah I have not fared so well. Not sure why, I actually like the guns pretty well. I just keep getting destroyed, and the tomahawk in awesome.

16. dds115

I really enjoy The Gun Game, if I was just better with the dual auto pistols, I'd kill at that game. It usually takes me about 5 deaths until I finally kill someone with those damn guns.

17. MSteph57

MSteph57 Territorial Marshal A/V Subscriber

Aim at the lower torso of the other guy. The recoil-climb should make you swisscheese the other guy.

18. OSUKiel2005

OSUKiel2005 Wrangler

we should all get a group to play online CODBO_Op.. anyone down?

19. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Federal Marshal

20. pokelahoman

pokelahoman Keeper of the Cursive Script A/V Subscriber

Xbox Live? I am picking it up tonight and will probly get the hang of it for a day or 2 and then I would be down. I was usually pretty good at MW2 so hopefully it won't take too long.