1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Calvin Barnett arrested

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by O-Swag, May 1, 2012.

1. dezul

A/V Subscriber dezul Cowboy

I say he gets the stairway to heaven for one practice in the fall for being an idiot.
  2. Turkey Sub

Turkey Sub Cowboy

We can't have anything nice.
    NYC Poke likes this.
  3. William McEwan

William McEwan Wrangler

Suspension can be pretty serious if it was suspended for a previous D.U.I. or some other serious driving charge then he can be in a little trouble. License expiration on the other hand are not that serious.
  4. pokes16

pokes16 Deputy

Dont agree with that, You have a nice Ice Chest if I remember correctly!!! :D
  5. CaliforniaCowboy

CaliforniaCowboy Deputy

what upsets me most about this mess, are the posters on here that keep dismissing the issue as "just a traffic violation".

Heaven forbid that you're never involved in a serious accident with someone that does not have insurance.

These are NOT minor insignificant traffic violations, and are indicitive of other severe issues "like not taking care of business", and "personal responsibility", both of which Gundy is very high on (football wise).

Civilly, it's just out right disregard for the law. Blatant disregard for the law is not something that I take lightly, and I'm more than a bit disgusted to be reading posts on here that do not admonish this type of behavior.
    osupride97, 65POKE and JoshOSU420 like this.
  6. BrooksidePoke

BrooksidePoke Wrangler

lol, George Raft.
  7. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Wrangler

:confused:
  8. pokes16

pokes16 Deputy

That is for Turkey Sub. Sorry
  9. Pistolp

Pistolp Wrangler

It's more than "just traffic violations". Not registering a car, no insurance and driving with a suspended license are not just traffic violations.

Sign of serious character flaws? Could be - I dunno, not enough info. Sign of a lack of maturity for sure. Getting all this fixed will cost him some bucks and be a part of the maturing process I expect.
  10. Poke4Life88

Poke4Life88 Wrangler

I know... Read the quote again :runaway:
  11. Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber Donnyboy Tragically Handsome

We had a guy awaiting trial for aggravated sexual assault on a minor that got busted for a suspended licence and he played the Saturday before he pled out on Tuesday.......I doubt this amounts to much on the field.....let's all move along.
    NYC Poke likes this.
  12. Epperley28

A/V Subscriber Epperley28 Cowboy

I was just 18 and irresponsible and hadn't gotten around to paying it yet, but I wasn't so young and dumb that I would have ignored a suspension notice. It's a funny story now, but I was pretty mad at the time when the notice arrived in the mail literally four hours after I was released from jail.
    NYC Poke likes this.
  13. StillwaterMan

A/V Subscriber StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises

Becuase many/most fans (who are not infatuated with Internet forum political correctness) will openly admit that they dont give a rats ass what these kids do as long as they win ball games.

:)
    cowboys18TJ Poke likes this.
  14. 65POKE

65POKE Wrangler

I believe Tracy Moore didn't get to play in the Fiesta bowl for, i think staying out to late. I think this is a little more than that.
  15. CoreyfreakinlovesOSU

A/V Subscriber CoreyfreakinlovesOSU Once beat Tyreek Hill in a foot race.

How many of you were this upset when JB got arrested?

Just curious
    cowboys18TJ Poke likes this.
  16. bacowboy

bacowboy Deputy

He did play but mostly on special teams and the reason for the diminished PT was because he mouthed off to a coach
    OSU79 likes this.
  17. 65POKE

65POKE Wrangler

Thanks all I ever heard jwas ust before the game, and They said he wouldn't play. I honestly don't remember him playing. Glad to hear what it was about.
  18. ksupoke

A/V Subscriber ksupoke I've never studied a HS recruits tape

A few things; 1. 66 in a 55 is not earth shattering 2. Not registering in 30 days is pretty innocuous 3. Suspended license can be serious or can be an oversight of a parking ticket and if your license is suspended I am given to understand you cannot get insurance. With all that in mind, I would like to know what the original issues stem from before I render my completely useless opinion on the topic.
    OSU slowpoke and steross like this.
  19. OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush Deputy

Be careful what you ask for......a few years ago we had problems with players being stoned.....
    ksupoke likes this.
  20. Orange Superman

Orange Superman Cowboy