Can Boynton get the trifecta?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wook

Deputy
Jun 23, 2005
Walker and Cunningham committed. Can he get Thompson? Would be incredible. I‘m already excited about tomorrow nights game!

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
yesterday, local, OKC station indicated 1- KU; 2- UO - who knows. We have done well if these dudes sign. Sure would be magnificent if T commits
Everything changed with the committment of CC. It has been rumored BT would follow CC if he would commit but that was from a few weeks back so something may have changed. We are definitely getting Thor though. 100% crystal ball on 247.

Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
I think this makes it easier to land Thompson and it's already assumed Thor is going to OSU. While OU and KU are assumed the leaders who knows what might happen now that Cade has committed. This team is going to be so damn good.

Apr 7, 2006
I'm curious- with a one and done guy, is his impact is greater individually or from the waves he creates? What I mean is, we immediately will probably double our national exposure next year, have a better chance of signing other top flight guys this year, will probably sell more tickets, etc. Cunningham will most likely be in Stillwater one year, but some of the other players he helps us sign will be here longer and those other things will last past the one year he's around.

Apr 7, 2006
Another random thought- are we watching the perfect storm for OSU Basketball? We've got some talent this year, a coach the fanbase seems to really like, the Thunder aren't a top 5 NBA team any longer, the football team isn't quite as noteworthy in November/December as it was several of the past years, top recruits on the way. Feels like a great opportunity for the basketball program to steal the spotlight

Seems like the interest in OSU Basketball is higher and given the other things that sometimes take fans attention some things are really coming together for a surge.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I'm curious- with a one and done guy, is his impact is greater individually or from the waves he creates? What I mean is, we immediately will probably double our national exposure next year, have a better chance of signing other top flight guys this year, will probably sell more tickets, etc. Cunningham will most likely be in Stillwater one year, but some of the other players he helps us sign will be here longer and those other things will last past the one year he's around.
As I posted on Facebook,
“Pam Dean, he can attract other quality players who may stick around for their full four years. With success we may then attract other players good enough to be one and done. Recruiting is like a chain reaction. It feeds on itself.”

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Another random thought- are we watching the perfect storm for OSU Basketball? We've got some talent this year, a coach the fanbase seems to really like, the Thunder aren't a top 5 NBA team any longer, the football team isn't quite as noteworthy in November/December as it was several of the past years, top recruits on the way. Feels like a great opportunity for the basketball program to steal the spotlight

Seems like the interest in OSU Basketball is higher and given the other things that sometimes take fans attention some things are really coming together for a surge.
It's certainly an opportunity for OSU Basketball but football doesn't have to and won't suffer as a result if we go ahead and win 3 more games this year (including the bowl) to get to 9 wins. That's a VERY respectable year after a down one last year.

OSU Basketball hasn't been relevant in about a decade so it's about time it's coming into it's own, but we have won nothing yet (hopefully that is changing in a big way with these recent signings). Btw, love our coach and really want to see him succeed...

Go Pokes!!

Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
What are the chances Thompson commits to the pokes despite the reports of him choosing his school Nov 12th? I mean he is going to be at the game from what I understand.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
It's certainly an opportunity for OSU Basketball but football doesn't have to and won't suffer as a result if we go ahead and win 3 more games this year (including the bowl) to get to 9 wins. That's a VERY respectable year after a down one last year.

OSU Basketball hasn't been relevant in about a decade so it's about time it's coming into it's own, but we have won nothing yet (hopefully that is changing in a big way with these recent signings). Btw, love our coach and really want to see him succeed...

Go Pokes!!
... and stick around for a long time while doing it.

Oct 30, 2007
I thought that Marcus Smart would be a program changer when he committed here. We had a lot of exposure while he was here, but we didn't really capitalize on it. We didn't have any postseason success & we didn't really improve our recruiting.

Things could be different with Cunningham though. Smart was a McDonald's AA & a top 15 prospect, but he wasn't nearly as high profile as Cunningham, and he didn't bring a class full of highly rated recruits with him.

This could be a big turning point in this program's history. It's a really exciting time. I don't want to wish this next season away, but I can't wait to see Cunningham is orange & black.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
I thought that Marcus Smart would be a program changer when he committed here. We had a lot of exposure while he was here, but we didn't really capitalize on it. We didn't have any postseason success & we didn't really improve our recruiting.

Things could be different with Cunningham though. Smart was a McDonald's AA & a top 15 prospect, but he wasn't nearly as high profile as Cunningham, and he didn't bring a class full of highly rated recruits with him.

This could be a big turning point in this program's history. It's a really exciting time. I don't want to wish this next season away, but I can't wait to see Cunningham is orange & black.
Smart also had Ford as a coach. So...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk