City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 30, 2012

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yep it's the old Curlys building

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well, hope it works out for them better than Del Rancho then.

Danny had a loyal following at Curly's for years, but otherwise, that location's not the most ideal.
Every time I've driven by there it's been packed so apparently is doing good so far.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Also the Family Video at Perkins and Virginia is closing. They are having a sale.

Several of their stores are being bought buy a dentist franchise and one of the conditions of the sale was the Stillwater one had to be for sale. So they are currently looking for another building but in the meantime are selling out their inventory and fixtures.

May 30, 2012
Also the Family Video at Perkins and Virginia is closing. They are having a sale.

Several of their stores are being bought buy a dentist franchise and one of the conditions of the sale was the Stillwater one had to be for sale. So they are currently looking for another building but in the meantime are selling out their inventory and fixtures.

Ah. I see.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
For anyone interested, things are happening at Westwood. Fencing and playground equipment have been removed, the road to the west of the old building is being torn up, and they are putting the finishing touches on the outside of the new building.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
For anyone interested, things are happening at Westwood. Fencing and playground equipment have been removed, the road to the west of the old building is being torn up, and they are putting the finishing touches on the outside of the new building.

Thanks for posting! Didn't go to Westwood, went to Will Rogers. Makes me a little wistful to see them go, but I know it's time.

Are the last few pics of the new school, I assume? If so, kinda surprising design to me, & looks completely different than the new Will Rogers.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Every time I've driven by there it's been packed so apparently is doing good so far.

Fried Okra is very good at the South Tulsa Rons...also used to see Eddie, Sean, and Scott in there about once a month or so. Does anyone know which franchisee owns the Stillwater one? South Tulsa one is sooo good...but sooo bad for you.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.

It kind of surprised me when I saw them tearing up the street and the playground equipment. Neither of the other new schools were completed on time but it looks like they are expecting this one to be ready for school next year so are moving forward with tearing the old one down to make the playgrounds.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Thanks for posting! Didn't go to Westwood, went to Will Rogers. Makes me a little wistful to see them go, but I know it's time.

Are the last few pics of the new school, I assume? If so, kinda surprising design to me, & looks completely different than the new Will Rogers.
I personally don't have anything against the new Will Rogers but the representatives from the Westwood Neighborhood Association and the school board specifically told the architect they didn't want a Will Rogers. I guess the architect looked at some of the houses in the area and took design elements from them. The new HIghland Park is a totally different look too. The three schools were originally the same basic design and now they are completely different.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I personally don't have anything against the new Will Rogers but the representatives from the Westwood Neighborhood Association and the school board specifically told the architect they didn't want a Will Rogers. I guess the architect looked at some of the houses in the area and took design elements from them. The new HIghland Park is a totally different look too. The three schools were originally the same basic design and now they are completely different.
Yeah, no one I know liked the highland Park or Will Rogers designs. Too weird.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

It kind of surprised me when I saw them tearing up the street and the playground equipment. Neither of the other new schools were completed on time but it looks like they are expecting this one to be ready for school next year so are moving forward with tearing the old one down to make the playgrounds.
I've heard they're shooting for August 1st as the date to have the new building open. I'm not sure with all the rain how much that's changed.
I spoke with the vice principal the other day and he said that they are out of the office now even though the other schools have office hours still. They are currently finishing up packing away everything and then they've got to deal with asbestos abatement before demolition can begin.