City of Stillwater thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
So where is it located?

Did something finally go in on the corner of 7th & Main in the old Hallmark location?
Just north of that spot. It was Main Street noodle. The old hallmark spot is getting lots of work done to it but still no idea what it is going to be. Across the street at the old Red rock bakery is going to be a nutritional shake place.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
El Vaquero and Palomino's had federal warrants served today by Homeland security. They are closed and had unmarked law enforcement vehicles parked around them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/f...cle_304ac1f0-cf45-11e9-80a2-b34bd2d248e3.html

Federal agents were dispatched to two Stillwater restaurants Wednesday in what the U.S. Attorneys office in Oklahoma City is calling the execution of “multiple federal search warrants.”

It had the appearance of a raid of undocumented workers, and local law enforcement told the News Press it was a combination of an “immigration and criminal” case. Several were in at least temporary custody after the search at Tex-Mex restaurants El Vaquero and Palamino’s in Stillwater.

“On the morning of Sept. 4, special agents with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) executed multiple federal search warrants at two businesses and one residence in Stillwater, Oklahoma,” reads a statement from Executive Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Williams. “Since this is an ongoing criminal investigation, no further details can be released at this time, including the nature of this investigation.”

Williams did say that multiple agencies were involved including the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Marshals, but that any number of agents could be a part of the task force.

This story will be updated.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Between it being Homeland and the Marshalls and they didn't do anything with El tapatio it's almost like it could be something else like maybe drug-related or trafficking.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Between it being Homeland and the Marshalls and they didn't do anything with El tapatio it's almost like it could be something else like maybe drug-related or trafficking.

The article specifically said it was not a ICE raid.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Okay Stillwater, is it just me or is Suddenlink internet crippled?
Is there an alternative provider that is better?